happy.pancake

Make Up Or No Make Up

288 posts in this topic

i was just wondering if you wear make up everyday?

i've just got the confidence not to wear any on a daily basis (ok besides from mascara)

and i was wondering how you all felt about it? do you think people look better with or without make up?

some days i do worry i look awful.

Very few women have flawless, poreless skin, long lashes, defined brows etc. So yes, most women look better with makeup, that is if the makeup is applied in a way that brings out their best features, I don't mean hooker-style makeup.

I have decent skin and I think that I'm naturally pretty. But, I like looking more polished and I don't appreciate people asking me if I'm tired/sick because I always have dark under eye circles. Plus, applying makeup is fun to me, I like playing with different products and looks. I don't wear makeup if I'm just running to the grocery store or if a friend comes over. But makeup definitely makes me feel more confident, because I know I look better when I'm wearing it.

Edited by B-V

No, I don't wear makeup daily. Chap sick or lip gloss yes but not everything. If I'm going out to dinner or out for the day I do press powder, mascara, and eye shadow. .. with lip shimmer. .. but not daily. It's not so much about confidence for me. .. but if people don't like me based on makeup or no makeup. ..then I really wouldn't want them in my life anyways.

I stopped wearing make up when I was about 15. I decided it was too much hassle, and I'd rather be natural. I felt so reliant on make up, and without it I had zero confidence, which just isn't how I'd like to be. When I got compliments they felt only half worth it because I always wondered if they'd still say it if they saw me without the make up. So I stopped wearing it. Some days I look shit, generally more like most days lol. But I see it as, I'm me, if someone doesn't like it then that's their problem. I'd rather know that 'what you see is what you get', than worrying about what people would think if I had no make up on.

As for other people, I always prefer women with no make up on. I think they look stunning when they are just natural, even though most women who wear make up always disagree lol. It's a personal choice.

I don't wear it. I want people to see what my face actually looks like. I prefer women to do the same, natural looking is always the best.

I've never put on makeup on a daily basis. In fact I could probably count on one hand how many times I've put on ANY makeup in a year besides Chapstick and even that is because I would appear deathly pale and have cracked lips otherwise.

I am definitely one person who has terrible skin since I hit puberty at 9. I probably will have bad skin for the rest of my life because of how scarred it is. Make up has never been a thing I did at all. Don't get me wrong I'm very self conscious about my skin. It is the main source of my self esteem issues. However, I have never believed in covering up my skin. People should like me regardless of how I look. I never wanted to doubt if someone would still like me without makeup. It is also quite impossible for me to cover my imperfections even if I load up on makeup.

I believe in a healthy skin regimen first and then whatever you want after. I love make up but I don't care if others wear it or not. I accept everyone for who they are regardless of what they do or don't put on their face. To me it's a non-issue. Pretty much every aesthetic topic to me is a non-issue. It doesn't matter if it's hair color, boob jobs, teeth, nose jobs, labioplasty, clothes. Some girls are so lovely without make up. Others are stunning with it and quite frankly wear it better than anyone else, I think it would be sad if they didn't. I enjoy it all.

I say do whatever you enjoy doing and whatever is healthy for you.

Edited by DelicateAngel

I only wear a bit of eye makeup at work and no make up the rest of the time. I think I look better with out it as I have nice olive skin with very few flaws. The main reason I don't wear it though is that I hate the thought of putting all those nasty chemicals on my skin. I am pretty much into everything organic. The bit of makeup I do wear is mostly made from natural and organic ingredients.

I also think that many women over do it with the make up and make themselves look fake. I much prefer the natural look, imperfections and all :). Natural beauty is far more attractive than fake beauty...

If I'm really busy with work and that I tend to wear less but purely to save time but I think it makes dressing up feel a bit more special when you have the time to do it properly, I wouldn't go out the house without at least concealer foundation and mascara

I like makeup for decoration, not for changing your face.

Edited by Ellyria

I do like wearing make up. It makes me feel more confident and sexy. I also notice people treat me differently when I am made up and dressed decently than when I just slapped on some house clothes and look like I just rolled out of bed. Although some days I really don't give a crap and go out like this anyway. But I really cannot stand leaving the house without at least a shower. And some days I purposely don't wear make up so I can give my face a rest.

I mostly wear eye make up, but not fake lashes or anything like that. For the first time ever today I bought a light 'powder foundation'. I told the cosmetician I don't wear foundation and she looked at me like I was from outer space lol.

I have been attracted to women that wore make up and didn't wear make up. Chemistry and attraction is not something I can control. It's just there.

Edited by badshoe

I don't wear makeup in general (chapstick doesn't count; you can't see it). I've made exceptions for special occassions but very rarely do even that nowadays. In middle school and high school, I felt too self-conscious to wear makeup. I was afraid it would call more attention to myself to change my appearance. It seemed pointless because I felt I wasn't at all attractive. I only wore it for theater. It didn't help that makeup smells and feels weird, costs money, takes extra time to put on, and I could never figure out what would look good on me or how to apply it properly. Seemed like a lot of effort for no gain. I appreciate how makeup can enhance appearance, though. I like the femininity of it as long as it looks natural.

I do not wear make-up hardly ever. Mainly bc of where I work. I work in an all male prison and I do not want to draw a certain type of attention to myself by the inmates. Now if I am going out or going somewhere special I will put make-up on. Other than that I am all natural.

i dont wear makeup everyday, only to weddings or some parties that i feel fancy putting it on. i dont feel the need to put them on, i'm just be natural 99% of the time. i kinda have a love-hate relationship with makeup. when i do put on it, i just put some smokey eyeshadow but not too much, blush, mascara at times, and some natural looking lipsticks. because i wear glasses, so those dark eyeshadow on the eyes usually stand out.

my friends always tell me it's funny i dont put on makeup like ever, but i have a bag full of makeup stuffs at home. lol.

and i prefer girls with light makeup on actually, but i dont mind the heavy one. haha

The only makeup material I know how to properly apply to myself is a lipstick. Lol. So I don't really wear makeup. And when I have to, like on special occassions, parties and other events I go to a makeup salon to get it done for me. :)

I have a LOT of freckles and a few small acne scars. I don't want dermabrasion because of my meds and low immunity I could get an infection. So yeah, I were make up everyday, a light foundation and a little blush and a little mascara. I do sometimes use some eye shadow, but mostly if I go out at night; lippy I use sparingly and everything I use is organic :)

I wear make-up everyday. I prefer more dark. like the attached photo below ;-)

post-106622-0-22964900-1378276170_thumb.jpeg

You look like Lana Parrilla? ^_^ or are you just using her as an example?

I don't wear makeup very often, only for special occasions and sometimes when we are going out for dinner or something. I work in a contact centre so I don't have to impress the public with my face and it's only my work colleagues and I don't feel I need to impress them anyone either. It's never been a central part of my life, the most made up I ever have been has been at my high school year 10 and year 12 formals and my sisters wedding as I was her maid of honor.

I've never been a girl who cakes herself in make up. I don't wear foundation. Used to wear eyeliner and mascara everyday but that was it. Now its very rare if i put anything on. Yes my sister will say i look hideous but i don't care. Im not trying to impress anyone and when i do feel like putting some slap on i do it for me. When im going out i do love to make up my eyes, they are my best feature. I prefer to see girls without make up, I love a pretty natural face. Too much make up is a turn off for me. When i was up north on holiday i think i had make up on when i arrived them not again till i left, my friend doesn't really wear make up either and considering she had a house full of people (mostly men) none of us gave a shit lol x

No I'm not a make up girl at all. I like it on everyone else, just not on me.

I wear make up every day,and its gotten a habit that i cant leave the house with out it.we are all made to wear make up in my work place but would never plaster ourselves in it and i have started to go for the more natural look this past few months which i like more :D

I looked bloody awful this morning. 5 minutes later my every day make up was on and I started to look human again. I wear make up every day, even if I'm home alone and don't see anyone all day. It makes me feel better about myself and really only takes me minutes, I don't understand how some women take so long putting it on.

Edited by satehen

You look like Lana Parrilla? ^_^ or are you just using her as an example?

How I wish! But No.

I was just using her as an example. Lol :-)

I don't wear make up on a daily basis. Usually I get by with eyeliner and an iridescent eyeshadow. If I'm going out for the night (which doesn't happen too often) and I feel like dressing up. I'll apply a light amount of powdered foundation to even out redness and do the same with eyeliner, mascara, lipgloss and maybe a brighter shade of eyeshadow.

But as a rule, I like a lady who has a lot of natural beauty. I don't want to kiss a girl and have 5 layers of foundation on my lips as a result. yuck!