polkadot

The Secret To Meeting A Woman For A Long-Term Relationship When You're Single.

37 posts in this topic

I tried the online dating thing...over and over....I lost my confidence I would find long-term potential that way. I think I found the secret!...

MAKE FRIENDS WITH LESBIANS OF ANY AGE!!!!

They will know single lesbians, and they might even know if they think you are a good match or can set you up on a blind date. Happened to me tonight- went to a LGBT event of older lesbians, but one said they knew a woman my age who was just coming out and was wondering if we could share contact info. Heck ya!

Sounds great! Yeah, that seems to be a great way to meet potential partners that isn't really thought about much--most romantic and/or sexual relationships are garnered through networking, after all!

That sounds like a good idea, I hope things do work out for you that way :) let us know how it goes if you do end up meeting up with this girl.

That sounds like a good idea, I hope things do work out for you that way :) let us know how it goes if you do end up meeting up with this girl.

Trust me, I will!

Great idea Polkadot!

I`ve tried the internet dating thing... and I gotta say all I have found is that it is full of timewasters, those looking for just sex or just plain crazy women! ... (I did make one good friend, though she has changed her mind regarding "us" but that`s a whole differant story!)

I`m looking for friendships to slowly build into more..... a true romantic....I want to wine and dine my women......build on the excitment of our first time of exploration.... not just hump like possessed rabbits!! :girlwacko:

So maybe I`ll give your idea a go, :wink:

Good Luck and do keep us posted on any updates!

I love this idea. I'm not ready to date but have browsed dating sites, and was really getting nervous about that whole process. Now I just need to find some lesbians...

Good idea! I've been poking at some of the dating sites and chat sites since I would like to at least have some folks I can talk to but most of those sites are scaaaaaarrrry. lol Will have to poke at some of my friends and see if they know any lovely ladies. :)

Good idea, now where can I find some lesbians?

That is what I was thinking Lol.

through dating sites too :P lol

:lol:

That's what I was wondering too hahaha!

Maybe just start becoming a regular at a gay cafe or pub? Eventually someone has to say hi no? I was thinking about it. I live in a very very gay friendly town, there's a few cafes here. I thought - if I just start stopping in there once a day for a coffee, sit on the patio- soak up some sun - bring something (like paper work) to make it look like I'm there taking a break from something hence why I'm there alone lmao. Not an easy task. That's for sure!

:lol:

That's what I was wondering too hahaha!

Maybe just start becoming a regular at a gay cafe or pub? Eventually someone has to say hi no? I was thinking about it. I live in a very very gay friendly town, there's a few cafes here. I thought - if I just start stopping in there once a day for a coffee, sit on the patio- soak up some sun - bring something (like paper work) to make it look like I'm there taking a break from something hence why I'm there alone lmao. Not an easy task. That's for sure!

Mega jealous! If you have a local gay cafe, move in. Bring a sleeping bag and just live there. :D Sooner or later you'll get attention (asking you to please leave is like attention right?) Seriously though, you're plan sounds good, I would do the same if my town was like yours.

Hmmm - yes - where do I find the Lesbians?

I've looked on the shelves of both Morrisons and Tescos, I've looked online - I've practically marched down the street screaming...

Apart from one local gay pub that's full of noisy and everso-young things, there isn't a visible lesbian or even an LBGT-related group for 50 miles....!!!

Gawd - I really need to sell up, leave here, and move to some part of the world that time hasn't forgot.....

Now please excuse me while I bang my head on the wall - sometimes it's quite comforting...!

I think it's not just lesbian groups, it could be with anyone. Be open minded, make friends wherever you can with genuine people and you never know what fruits can come from those friendships. When the timing is right you will find your other half :)

Mine time hasn't come yet though. I thought I did, but unfortunately I was dead wrong. More than once...

That sounds like a cool idea , though I am soooo picky about age!! (With men and women) I want to be with someone my age.

I think different things work for different people. I found the secret is just to.. not look for them.

I think its a good start to join sites like these and make friends, although its good to set your expectations to just having fun and meeting good people.

The rest will come in due time!

Good luck!!

Always good to have a whole bunch of lesbian friends for sure!! Even if its just for a good night out :D

I met my mrs online, by chance completely.. went on an old chat site I used to use.. and well got chatting and that was kinda it.. 2 years later we are still together :D

But along the way I did bump into a few crazy women :O

I think the thing is - I met a woman unexpectedly, she was a colleague, and our relationship grew over time. All done now :-(

I find the thought of dating sites really 'clinical' and like people are trying to force something rather than just naturally bond. I don't know, just not sure what is next for me.

I can be a lesbian! ;-) You just have to venture out. Do some research and hit it. I'm doing my best but it's difficult to do as much as I'd like having two kids and a husband to work around. It'll happen though. I'm positive of that! :-)

Lavender listings dears, picked one up at a feminist bookstore in my younger freer years. They should be online now. Tells you what businesses are gay friendly, and what locations cater to which group more. They update yearly.

sounds like an awesome idea!

I'm hoping to meet someone special soon, :) xx

"Possessed rabbits" LOL... this one got me busting up! :rofl:

but I so very much agree with you :good: :D