KeikoM

Lesbian Movie Reviews

73 posts in this topic

Just watched The Hunger for the first time and it was very sexy. Although as vampire movies go, I didn't love it. But seeing Susan Sarandon get seduced by an evil blond goddess is worth the plotholes and gross blood scenes. Trigger warnings, though, it IS a horror movie. And there is a lot of murder. So much murder.

Then I saw Behaving Badly, which again, has attractive women and a couple of hot scenes, but it might consider changing the title to Representing Bisexuality Badly. ;-)

Some of you mentioned "But I'm a Cheerleader" as a fun one to watch, and I agree, I laughed really hard watching it. According to a gay male friend, that movie is also popular with gay men.

The Hunger: Vampire movie starring Catherine Denueve as a vampire and Susan Sarandon as a doctor. This isn’t the average Hollywood heteronormative vampire movie. These vampires walk in sunlight, kill in a very gory/violent manner, don’t have fangs and Denueve’s character happens to be bisexual. The movie deals with an ancient Egyptian vampire trying to find a new mate, as the current one played by David Bowie is getting old. Turns out, the vampire doesn’t want to be alone. Immortality is cool but, not in solitary. She meets Sarandon’s character and the hunt is on. There is a seduction scene and a sex scene. Leo Delibes’ “Duo des fleurs” in the background for the seduction scene really builds for what will happen in the sex scene that follows. The sex scene is rather short but, I never imagined that I would see Susan Sarandon’s breast. This really surprised me. Overall, the movie isn’t particularly good but, it isn’t bad either or as bad as I had heard. It has its problems, some plot holes and inconsistencies but, in the end, this really is a movie that stands by itself. It has a unique style and even with the inconsistencies, Denueve’s character is strong and very seductive. She really embodies a vampire character in a successful way. I am even tempted to say, IMHO, Denueve is the sexiest female vampire I have ever seen. The movie is very 80s, very dark, very gothic and very seductive. Denueve’s seduction over Sarandon’s character isn’t even imposing. Sarandon’s character tried to resist but, in the end it is she the one that willingly succumbs to Denueve’s charms. I mean, who wouldn't? I guess this is a great movie in its own weird and inconsistent terms. 3 stars out of 4.

Carol: Movie about two women, Cate Banchett and Rooney Mara, who fall in love during the 1950s. This movie portrays a relationship that goes beyond gender, stereotypes, age, social conventions and time period. Blanchett’s character is in process of divorcing her husband, played by Kyle Chandler (who should get more recognition as an actor, especially in this movie). Mara’s character is in a point in her life in which she needs to decide if she wants to settle down for marriage to her current boyfriend or, do something else with her life which would imply to become a photographer but, she isn’t sure due to social expectations. The women meet and start a friendly relationship that later evolves into something else. The movie is very subtle. The way they look at each other, the way they talk, the way they handle themselves around people is amazing. However, nothing is perfect. Life and reality comes to struck them as Blanchett’s character has issues and commitments that may prevent her from being happy and fulfilled with someone else while Mara’s character must decide on her own what she wants and still in need to start standing by herself first and foremost. Both women individually need to resolve if they will fall for the imposing social conventions or if they will pursue the place they want to have in life meaning having to fight for it. Blanchet and Mara have great chemistry together. There is a sex scene which is a very good one, very passionate and very elegant and very well handled. Great movie. Great performances. Great story. Awesome movie. 4 stars out of 4.

Edited by valkyria

Lifetime just made a 2016 remake of Mother May I Sleep With Danger? And it is about lesbian vampires. Enjoy, lol.

I love Aimee and jaguar. Saw it when it first came out and has stayed in my mind as the most romantic movie I have ever seen and the best lesbian love story i have ever see . But also very sad. Not sure what I'd think if i saw it now.

Also loved blue is the warmest color and but I am a cheerleader.

I watched these 2 this past week.

Blue Is The Warmest Colour. I enjoyed it. I liked how they showed Adeles life and the issues she had to deal with, although they didnt really tackle any of the issues. I didnt mind it being long. The actresses were good and so was the chemistry.

I Cant Think Straight. Was really nice. Unfortunately the copy that I had was dubbed in Hindi. Its a good thing that I understand alil Hindi so I was not completely lost. I had to watch it twice just to make sure. Then I managed to get the English version. I really enjoyed it. Loved the chemistry. Loved the performance.

I look forward to watching the rest of your suggestions.

Edited by LesbiReal

I recently saw “Despite the Falling Snow”. This isn’t a lesbian themed movie. Still, I’ll post my review because of two things: the movie itself has a lesbian subplot and, it was written and directed by Shamin Sarif, the same writer/director of “I Can’t Think Straight” and “The World Unseen”, two known lesbian themed movies.

Despite the Falling Snow: British movie about two female main characters, both played by Rebecca Ferguson. Even when there are two main characters, this is basically the story of Katya, a Russian woman who was a spy during the Cold War. The second main character is Katya’s niece, Lauren, an American woman who travels to Russia in order to find out what happened to Katya thirty years before. Katya’s whereabouts are a family mystery. Lauren wants to unveil the mystery while her uncle, Katya’s husband, wants to bury it in the past as he feels guilty for failing to help Katya thirty years before.

In Russia, Lauren meets Marina, a political Journalist interested in Katya’s family history. Together they investigate what happened to Katya.

In the form of flashbacks during 1959-1962, we get to see Katya’s story unfold. Who she was and why she was a spy. How she met her to be future husband (played by Sam Reid and Charles Dance, young and old), how she spied on him and the consequences. In the mean time, during 1992, while searching for clues, we get to see how Lauren and Marina (played by Antje Traue) develop an attraction towards each other. Lauren is very willing to move forward with the attraction as Marina is reluctant.

The cast in the movie is very good. This is a low budget movie but, still, they managed to get very good actors to star in it. That alone is an achievement. Rebecca Ferguson did a very good job playing two different characters. Ferguson definitely is a great actress and it is nice to see she is getting more work. Ferguson has very good chemistry with the other members of the cast. However, the best chemistry in the movie by far is the one of Ferguson and Traue, Lauren and Marina. These two are fireworks together. I really wanted to see more of them in the movie.

So, Shamin Sarif, if by any remote chance you get to read these forums, just as you did with Lisa Ray and Sheetal Sheth by putting them in two different movies, please, put Rebecca Ferguson and Antje Traue in another movie and make them the main characters. These two together are plain awesome! Also, Shamin, sooner or later you are going to release the DVD. Please, include those cut scenes, especially the ones of the sex scene involving Rebecca Ferguson and Antje Traue. We, your fans, Rebecca’s fans and Antje’s fans want to see it. Please, don’t just shelve it somewhere in the dark.

In general terms, the movie deals with love, betrayal, persecution and their consequences for the main characters and some other collateral. In the end, the movie is OK but, it could have been better, especially with the given cast. The story unfolds in a very nice way but, if you don’t pay much attention you can get confused with the time jumps/changes between the 60s and 90s. As I mentioned before, the performances are very good but, sometimes the story falls short. 3 stars out of 4.

Edited by valkyria

I recently saw “Despite the Falling Snow”. This isn’t a lesbian themed movie. Still, I’ll post my review because of two things: the movie itself has a lesbian subplot and, it was written and directed by Shamin Sarif, the same writer/director of “I Can’t Think Straight” and “The World Unseen”, two known lesbian themed movies.

Despite the Falling Snow: British movie about two female main characters, both played by Rebecca Ferguson. Even when there are two main characters, this is basically the story of Katya, a Russian woman who was a spy during the Cold War. The second main character is Katya’s niece, Lauren, an American woman who travels to Russia in order to find out what happened to Katya thirty years before. Katya’s whereabouts are a family mystery. Lauren wants to unveil the mystery while her uncle, Katya’s husband, wants to bury it in the past as he feels guilty for failing to help Katya thirty years before.

In Russia, Lauren meets Marina, a political Journalist interested in Katya’s family history. Together they investigate what happened to Katya.

In the form of flashbacks during 1959-1962, we get to see Katya’s story unfold. Who she was and why she was a spy. How she met her to be future husband (played by Sam Reid and Charles Dance, young and old), how she spied on him and the consequences. In the mean time, during 1992, while searching for clues, we get to see how Lauren and Marina (played by Antje Traue) develop an attraction towards each other. Lauren is very willing to move forward with the attraction as Marina is reluctant.

The cast in the movie is very good. This is a low budget movie but, still, they managed to get very good actors to star in it. That alone is an achievement. Rebecca Ferguson did a very good job playing two different characters. Ferguson definitely is a great actress and it is nice to see she is getting more work. Ferguson has very good chemistry with the other members of the cast. However, the best chemistry in the movie by far is the one of Ferguson and Traue, Lauren and Marina. These two are fireworks together. I really wanted to see more of them in the movie.

So, Shamin Sarif, if by any remote chance you get to read these forums, just as you did with Lisa Ray and Sheetal Sheth by putting them in two different movies, please, put Rebecca Ferguson and Antje Traue in another movie and make them the main characters. These two together are plain awesome! Also, Shamin, sooner or later you are going to release the DVD. Please, include those cut scenes, especially the ones of the sex scene involving Rebecca Ferguson and Antje Traue. We, your fans, Rebecca’s fans and Antje’s fans want to see it. Please, don’t just shelve it somewhere in the dark.

In general terms, the movie deals with love, betrayal, persecution and their consequences for the main characters and some other collateral. In the end, the movie is OK but, it could have been better, especially with the given cast. The story unfolds in a very nice way but, if you don’t pay much attention you can get confused with the time jumps/changes between the 60s and 90s. As I mentioned before, the performances are very good but, sometimes the story falls short. 3 stars out of 4.

I remember in "I Can't Think Straight". This book was kept on Leyla's bookshelf.

Desert Hearts: Drama movie about Vivian (Helen Shaver), a 35 year old Professor who arrives to a small town during the 1950s. At the town, Vivian meets Cay (Patricia Charbonneau), a 25 year old outspoken lesbian. The two women start a friendship. Vivian sees potential to achieve great things in Cay, while Cay sees beauty and wisdom in Vivian. As the movie advances, the friendship evolves into something deeper. The attraction between the women is evident. While Vivian tries to avoid the whole attraction, Cay wants to pursue it. Both Shaver and Charbonneau have great chemistry together. The movie itself is very romantic, sensual and tender. The movie has great dialog and acting. The movie itself beyond being romantic and lesbian themed, it is a movie about two people who evolve. The relationship these women are having is a life changing experience for both. The movie also covers other themes like homosexuality as a controversial issue and its effects in family/friendly relationships. There is a sex scene. The scene is very good and brilliantly executed. Right on spot. This is a great movie. 4 stars out of 4.

I just saw the movie Despite the Falling Snow, thanks for recommending it :) , I wished there was more scenes of Lauren and Marina :) great chemistry between the two.

"Eloise's Lover" or the original title "Eloise" (2009) is a beautiful love story, I would recommend.

A young woman is hospitalized and in a coma after a serious accident. Through flashbacks we learn of her feelings for another woman.

I was wondering... is there a sequel to the movie The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?

The Hunger: Vampire movie starring Catherine Denueve as a vampire and Susan Sarandon as a doctor. This isn’t the average Hollywood heteronormative vampire movie. These vampires walk in sunlight, kill in a very gory/violent manner, don’t have fangs and Denueve’s character happens to be bisexual. The movie deals with an ancient Egyptian vampire trying to find a new mate, as the current one played by David Bowie is getting old. Turns out, the vampire doesn’t want to be alone. Immortality is cool but, not in solitary. She meets Sarandon’s character and the hunt is on. There is a seduction scene and a sex scene. Leo Delibes’ “Duo des fleurs” in the background for the seduction scene really builds for what will happen in the sex scene that follows. The sex scene is rather short but, I never imagined that I would see Susan Sarandon’s breast. This really surprised me. Overall, the movie isn’t particularly good but, it isn’t bad either or as bad as I had heard. It has its problems, some plot holes and inconsistencies but, in the end, this really is a movie that stands by itself. It has a unique style and even with the inconsistencies, Denueve’s character is strong and very seductive. She really embodies a vampire character in a successful way. I am even tempted to say, IMHO, Denueve is the sexiest female vampire I have ever seen. The movie is very 80s, very dark, very gothic and very seductive. Denueve’s seduction over Sarandon’s character isn’t even imposing. Sarandon’s character tried to resist but, in the end it is she the one that willingly succumbs to Denueve’s charms. I mean, who wouldn't? I guess this is a great movie in its own weird and inconsistent terms. 3 stars out of 4.

Carol: Movie about two women, Cate Banchett and Rooney Mara, who fall in love during the 1950s. This movie portrays a relationship that goes beyond gender, stereotypes, age, social conventions and time period. Blanchett’s character is in process of divorcing her husband, played by Kyle Chandler (who should get more recognition as an actor, especially in this movie). Mara’s character is in a point in her life in which she needs to decide if she wants to settle down for marriage to her current boyfriend or, do something else with her life which would imply to become a photographer but, she isn’t sure due to social expectations. The women meet and start a friendly relationship that later evolves into something else. The movie is very subtle. The way they look at each other, the way they talk, the way they handle themselves around people is amazing. However, nothing is perfect. Life and reality comes to struck them as Blanchett’s character has issues and commitments that may prevent her from being happy and fulfilled with someone else while Mara’s character must decide on her own what she wants and still in need to start standing by herself first and foremost. Both women individually need to resolve if they will fall for the imposing social conventions or if they will pursue the place they want to have in life meaning having to fight for it. Blanchet and Mara have great chemistry together. There is a sex scene which is a very good one, very passionate and very elegant and very well handled. Great movie. Great performances. Great story. Awesome movie. 4 stars out of 4.

Carol was filmed from where I am from. This was a great movie. But, I'm a little bias because of the location they also used for the movie. :)

I was wondering... is there a sequel to the movie The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?

"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" (Swedish version) has two sequels: "The Girl Who Played with Fire" and "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest".

"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" (US version) has no sequel.

Edited by valkyria

"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" (Swedish version) has two sequels: "The Girl Who Played with Fire" and "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest".

"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" (US version) has no sequel.

Thank you so much Valkyria, I immediately searched the first one (The Girl Who played with Fire) on putlocker, and found it! :)

Some of the lesbian themed movies I have seen have this trend for the main characters to get together too soon. Anyway, here are the lesbian themed, and sort of lesbian themed, movies/TV series I have seen:

Kyss Mig: Swedish movie about an engaged 'straight' woman who falls in love with an openly lesbian music teacher. A little cheesy at times and predictable but, with nice performances by the leads who have good chemistry together. As the movie is a drama, it tries to deal the consequences of cheating, commitment, homosexuality as a controversial issue and how to play by the rules of society. There are some nice sex scenes. The movie is good. 3 stars out of 4.

Imagine Me and You: British movie starring Piper Perabo and Lena Headey. This is a romantic comedy... and, of course, predictable. The story isn't very good IMHO. However, the chemistry of both leads is very good. The movie is about a newlywed woman who falls for a lesbian she met on her wedding day. There are no sex scenes in the movie which is too bad as Lena Headey is beautiful. 2 stars out of 4.

I Can't Think Straight: British movie about an engaged Christian Palestinian descent woman falling in love with a Muslim Hindu woman who wants to be a writer but is unsure. This is a romantic comedy... and, once again, predictable. Still the main leads have very good chemistry and Lisa Ray is totally gorgeous in this. The soundtrack is very good. The story is ok and somehow entertaining. In the eve of her wedding preparations, the very free spirited Palestinian woman is quite curious about the shy Hindu woman. The shy Hindu woman is intrigued by the Palestinian's determination for being a woman of her own. This inspires the Hindu woman in pursuing her writing and face the fact that she is a lesbian. There are some sex scenes but, those were rather quick and don't show much. 3 stars out of 4.

The World Unseen: British movie set in during the apartheid in South Africa. This is about a married abused woman falling for a brave lesbian in her town. The same actresses as in "I Can't Thing Straight" and the same writer/director. However, this is a drama. There are some good scenes that involve a lot of talking. However, some of the development of the movie falls a little flat in my opinion and the ending isn't what I would have expected. I think "I can't think straight" is a better executed movie. Also, there are no sex scenes in this movie. Only a sort of attempt of kiss. I guess they tried to be subtle. 2 stars out of 4.

Elena Undone: American movie about a married woman who falls in love with a lesbian writer. The married woman has been married to a Christian pastor for more than fifteen years but, she has never really connected with him. This one has nice performances by both leads. The movie has a record in the history of cinema: the longest kiss. The movie also establishes for one of the main characters not being a lesbian and still falling in love with a woman. The movie is good but, not great IMHO, specially for the way the ending was handled. Still, I recommend it. There are some sex scenes that show the disconnection between the married woman and her husband as also the emotional connection the married woman makes with the lesbian writer. 2.5 stars out of 4.

Tipping the Velvet(TV mini-series): TV miniseries about an aspiring performer who falls in love with her idol. As the main character is rather naive, people take advantage on her. Good and bad fortune comes her way and she has to do some morally wrong things in order to survive. I think this could have been better. Still the main character is quite charming. There are a few sex scenes but, not that great. 2.5 stars out of 4.

My Summer of Love: British movie which is a coming of age story about a young girl who falls for a spoiled rich girl played by Emily Blunt when she used to be less skinny. Good performances and a not so predictable story. There is a sex scene which shows Emily Blunt naked torso. The scene is brief but Blunt does look gorgeous. The movie is ok but, not great. 3 stars out of 4.

Les Adieux à la Reine: French movie about a maid who is in love with Queen Mary Antoinette. This is set during the first few days of the French revolution. Great performances by Diane Kruger as Mary Antoinette and Lea Seydoux as the maid. There is no love affair between them or any sex scene. The film deals more with the maid's infatuation with Mary Antoinette while Mary Antoinette herself is trying to save the woman she loves who is portrayed by Virginie Ledoyen. The movie is good but, not the average lesbian movie. 3 stars out of 4.

When Night is Falling: Canadian movie about an engaged Christian teacher who falls in love with a circus performer. Very sexy and well made love scenes. There is a lot of drama as their affair should be a secret for the Christian woman while the circus performer wants to be with her openly. The movie also have good dialog and great performances by both leads. This is a great movie IMHO. 3.5 stars out of 4.

The Hours: Great performances by the three leads: Nicole Kidman, Meryl Streep and Julianne Moore. However, Julianne should have won the Oscar, not Nicole. Based on a book that relives Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf. Nicole is Woolf as she writes the novel. Meryl is living the novel. Julianne is reading the novel and has deep impact in her life. There are no sex scenes in the movie as this isn't a love story or about meeting a possible suitor or life partner. The movie deals more with choices made and not made in life. Nicole's character struggles with her writing, her illness and her loved ones around her. Meryl struggles with her dying friend and her choices in her life. Julianne struggles with being an unhappy married woman. Great movie IMHO. 4 stars out of 4.

Monster: Charlize Theron stars as a woman who became a notorious female serial killer. She gives a great performance. This is about an abused woman who tried to find happiness in her life and couldn't find it. She meets this woman who gives her some solace but, ends up being the cause of her ultimate demise. The movie sometimes is sad as sometimes is funny and sometimes is neither of those things. There is a sex scene involving Charlize Theron and Christine Richie. The scene itself isn't trying to be sexy as Theron's character is established to be an ugly woman. However, the scene does manage to be tender and passionate as Theron's character craves love and tenderness. Very good movie. 3.5 stars out of 4.

Bound: Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly star as a lesbian couple who try to rob the mob. Awesome story. Awesome cast. One of The Wachowski's best movies ever, possible the best. The sex scenes between Gershon and Tilly are great. Awesome movie that rocks. 4 stars out of 4.

Fire: Hindu movie that depicts a friendly relationship of two women who are part of a conservative culture and in rather difficult situations. The relationship starts to turn into something else as the movie progresses. There are no sex scenes in the movie. Still the thematic of the movie was really controversial in India. Good movie but, not for all tastes. 3 stars out of 4.

Black Swan: About a ballerina who is at a turning point in her life after a lifetime of abuse. This is a sort of coming of age story with a twist of madness. No need to say that sex scene with Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis was great. The story is great with a lot of symbolism but, not for all tastes. Portman and Kunis have great chemistry together. Awesome movie that rocks. 4 stars out of 4.

Chloe: Julianne Moore hires the always lovely Amanda Seyfried to seduce her husband, Liam Neeson. Things don't go as planned and complicate Moore and Seyfried relationship. Great performances and a not so common story about people and their shortcomings. There is a sex scene between Moore and Seyfried which was a really bold move by the director. Julianne Moore in her 50's with twenty something Amanda Seyfried isn't something that common. And, Moore in her 50's looks great. Great movie. 4 stars out of 4.

Cracks: Eva Green stars as a teacher in an all-girls conservative school. Green gives a good performance as an apparently charismatic teacher who in reality is unstable and abusive. No sex scenes in the movie. However, it was implied that some sexual situation took place. This isn't a movie for all tastes and is controversial. Good movie but, it could have been better. 3 stars out of 4.

The Kids Are All Right: Julianne Moore and Annette Bening star as a longtime lesbian couple who are the mothers of two teenagers that wonder about their unknown father. The father comes into their lives complicating even more the family dynamic. Great story and performances by all the cast. There are no sex scenes but, there are some sexual situations. 4 stars out of 4.

Mulholland Dr: Naomi Watts arrives to Hollywood dreaming of fame and fortune. She gets involved with a woman and then... things turn really weird. There are a lot of mysteries in this movie but, this isn't for all tastes. The movie ends and you can see it again and again and you will not figure out the mysteries. 4 stars out of 4.

But I'm a Cheerleader: Movie about teenagers sent to a camp to be cured of their homosexuality. The movie is a comedy and satire about the cliches and stereotypes society try to impose into people to fit in. Great story. Great soundtrack. Great performances. Awesome movie. 4 stars out of 4.

The Page Turner: French movie about vengeance. This doesn't delve in conflicts about homosexuality or anything of the like. The movie isn't an action movie. The movie just tells the story of a once aspiring musician who wants vengeance from a judge. No sex scenes. Good movie but, a little slow. 3.5 stars out of 4.

Fingersmith(TV mini-series): British two part mini-series about an orphan that is sent to deceive a rich woman. However, things aren't what they look like and uncover a history of lies and ambition. There are a two very good sex scenes. Great performances. Story set during the Victorian era. Great TV mini series. 4 stars out of 4.

Room in Rome: Two women, one is Spanish, one Russian, met at a bar in Italy and go for a one night stand that became a lifetime encounter that, beyond sex, involved a deep conversation about life and its turns. The movie is in English as this is the one language both women can understand. There are different sex scenes during the movie. The main characters appear naked for most part of the film. 4 stars out of 4.

Aimee & Jaguar: German movie about a Jew woman who fell in love with the wife of a Nazi soldier during World War II. This is based on true events. Good performances. Good story about survival and love. I think there is at least one sex scene in the movie but, I can't quite remember. I saw this movie a few years ago. 4 stars out of 4.

I am looking forward to see "Blue is the warmest color".

Totally agree with most of this list(only because I haven't seen all of them, yet) I also recommend The Girl King. The movie is quite enjoyable and it has a kissing scene and a brief almost sex scene.

Just watched We Are The Night, a very stylish German horror movie that reminded me a lot of The Hunger. It takes place in a world where there are no more male vampires, and focuses on one small group of vamps whose leader chooses new recruits based on how much they remind her of her deceased first love. It's campy and silly in some places, but I still recommend it!

1307049641_2.jpg

A kinda 'coming of age' lesbian film I love is a Swedish film called 'show me love'. It's about 2 teens, one of whom is really popular and one not so much, who become attracted to each other. It shows the struggles of being gay/bi at that age. It's cute.

Fucking Åmål/Show Me Love one of my all time favorites

Kyss Mig/Kiss Me is a further excellent one from Sweden

The Guest House: Movie about two women who, while spending a weekend in a “guest house”, fall in love with each other. This is a low budged movie. The story isn’t good and the acting is bad. The women in the movie are hot and the sex scenes are ok but, not something that one would call extraordinary. The dialog is the movie isn’t good either but, even with this, I’ll give the movie the benefit of the doubt because at least these women took the time to talk to each other. I cannot say that I recommend this movie. Watch it under your own risk and in case you want to see two hot chicks making out but, be aware the sex scenes and nudity come after the first half of the movie. 1 1/2 stars out of 4.

Bitch Slap: Movie about three women who are trying to get 200 million dollars in diamonds. These women have different objectives to get the diamonds; these objectives are defined throughout the movie in the form of flashbacks. There are different twists to the plot, different characters to know and different unexpected cameos. As for the plot of the movie, I found it to be very entertaining, funny and unexpected at the end. The script of the movie does manage to be very solid.

Now, the movie isn’t precisely lesbian themed but, it does have a lesbian subplot which is an important part of the movie. This movie itself is a low budget one and it was inspired by exploitation movies from the 50s-70s. However, this movie is also a parody of those.

The movie itself isn’t trying to be serious or be taken serious. The movie presents three main characters that are just plain beautiful, super hot but, also quite clever, strong and well defined. The movie features different slow motion shots of these women showing their physical attributes… and well, those do work for the type of movie this is. Also, there are sex scenes in the movie involving women and, while those are well constructed there isn’t what one can call full on nudity.

I have read the reviews for this movie stating the acting in the movie is bad. And, indeed, the acting in the movie is bad but, that is one of the points of the movie. It isn’t like these ladies are bad actresses. They are good. They perfectly nailed what it was expected from them for the type of movie this is.

On a final note, this isn’t a movie for all tastes. Personally, I liked it a lot and had great time with it. 3 stars out of 4.

Edited by valkyria

Even though the following reviews aren’t about lesbian themed movies, I will post these because their stories are about self-acceptance, love and bravery.

Boys Don’t Cry: Movie based in the real story of a young man named Brandon Teena, who was born a woman named Teena Brandon. So, Brandon tries to fit into society. However, society doesn’t accept Brandon. Brandon eventually finds a sense of belonging within a group of people he meets on the road. Eventually, Brandon also finds love by the means of Lana. Eventually, reality comes to struck them. The intolerance of the people around them takes a heavy toll on them, especially on Brandon. However, this and other difficult past experiences don’t stop Brandon from pursuing the life he wants to live, his happiness and the woman he loves. This is an inspiring tale of someone committed to live in his own terms regardless of society establishments, ignorance and intolerance.

Hilary Swank as Brandon is superb. Her portrayal is very strong and moving. Chloe Sevingy as Lana was also superb. Sevigny should have won her Oscar too. Angelina Jolie won that year and she had a great performance but, I do believe Sevigny should have won instead. Beyond this, all the performances in the movie are great. It is nice for the movie to be known and the recognition it received but, I feel it should have received more praise. The movie itself is a low budget one but, very well written, very well directed and superbly acted. 4 stars out of 4.

Beautiful Boxer: Thai sports/biographical movie that tells the true story of Parinya Charoenphol, a trans-woman who excelled in Thai boxing to raise money to support her poor parents and finance her sex reassignment procedure. As the movie progresses we see two transitions in the movie: one, how Parinya becomes this strong fearless boxer and two, Parinya’s transition into sex reassignment. In the mean time, we get to see different passages of Parinya’s life showing the problems and obstacles she had to endure and overcome to become both the boxer and the person she wanted to be.

This is the story of someone who is literally a fighter. The plot of the movie is great, unique, moving and inspiring. The acting in the movie is very good as also the sports/boxing scenes. Awesome movie. 4 stars out of 4.

On 11/5/2016 at 7:36 PM, valkyria said:

Even though the following reviews aren’t about lesbian themed movies, I will post these because their stories are about self-acceptance, love and bravery.

Boys Don’t Cry: Movie based in the real story of a young man named Brandon Teena, who was born a woman named Teena Brandon. So, Brandon tries to fit into society. However, society doesn’t accept Brandon. Brandon eventually finds a sense of belonging within a group of people he meets on the road. Eventually, Brandon also finds love by the means of Lana. Eventually, reality comes to struck them. The intolerance of the people around them takes a heavy toll on them, especially on Brandon. However, this and other difficult past experiences don’t stop Brandon from pursuing the life he wants to live, his happiness and the woman he loves. This is an inspiring tale of someone committed to live in his own terms regardless of society establishments, ignorance and intolerance.

Hilary Swank as Brandon is superb. Her portrayal is very strong and moving. Chloe Sevingy as Lana was also superb. Sevigny should have won her Oscar too. Angelina Jolie won that year and she had a great performance but, I do believe Sevigny should have won instead. Beyond this, all the performances in the movie are great. It is nice for the movie to be known and the recognition it received but, I feel it should have received more praise. The movie itself is a low budget one but, very well written, very well directed and superbly acted. 4 stars out of 4.

Beautiful Boxer: Thai sports/biographical movie that tells the true story of Parinya Charoenphol, a trans-woman who excelled in Thai boxing to raise money to support her poor parents and finance her sex reassignment procedure. As the movie progresses we see two transitions in the movie: one, how Parinya becomes this strong fearless boxer and two, Parinya’s transition into sex reassignment. In the mean time, we get to see different passages of Parinya’s life showing the problems and obstacles she had to endure and overcome to become both the boxer and the person she wanted to be.

This is the story of someone who is literally a fighter. The plot of the movie is great, unique, moving and inspiring. The acting in the movie is very good as also the sports/boxing scenes. Awesome movie. 4 stars out of 4.

These both sound very good and I would be interested to watch them. I'll put in a plug for Pariah. It's about a black teenager coming to terms with her lesbian identity. There are both really poignant dramatic moments and funny ones, including a sequence with a strap-on that manages to be both.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see 'Below Her Mouth' anywhere in this thread? I've only seen a small few lesbian themed movies, and this was by far my favourite. It was cheesy on times, and had its flaws, but I loved the underlying storyline...the chemistry between the leads was fantastic...and don't even get me started on the sex scenes...HOTTT!!!

'Blue is the Warmest Color'...I liked the storyline, well mostly anyway....but HATED the ending, and because I can't get past it, the ending makes the movie for me...hate the ending = hate the movie.

'Imagine Me and You' ....cute but not that memorable.

'Elena Undone' .... again, not very memorable, it kind of bored me.

'Loving Annabel' .... I liked this one, there's something very desirable about a younger woman seducing an older woman. Wasn't a big fan of the ending but unlike BITWC I could get past it because the rest of the movie made up for it.

There are quite a few suggestions here, I'm gonna have to look up some of these.

4 hours ago, Cute&Curious said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see 'Below Her Mouth' anywhere in this thread? I've only seen a small few lesbian themed movies, and this was by far my favourite. It was cheesy on times, and had its flaws, but I loved the underlying storyline...the chemistry between the leads was fantastic...and don't even get me started on the sex scenes...HOTTT!!!

'Blue is the Warmest Color'...I liked the storyline, well mostly anyway....but HATED the ending, and because I can't get past it, the ending makes the movie for me...hate the ending = hate the movie.

'Imagine Me and You' ....cute but not that memorable.

'Elena Undone' .... again, not very memorable, it kind of bored me.

'Loving Annabel' .... I liked this one, there's something very desirable about a younger woman seducing an older woman. Wasn't a big fan of the ending but unlike BITWC I could get past it because the rest of the movie made up for it.

There are quite a few suggestions here, I'm gonna have to look up some of these.

Yeah I don't think Below Her Mouth was mentioned but I've heard a lot about it lately and wanted to check it out.