KittiKat

Perth Ladies?

38 posts in this topic

Hi Ladies,

I know there is an old thread or 2 asking this same question, but I wonder if any of the current members are from Perth? I know there is at least one haha, so there are at least 2 of us... I would love to meet other ladies from Perth, perhaps some of you can give me insight as to where the rest of the bisexual girls in Perth are hiding, and if not perhaps we can go on a quest to find some together? :)

Seriously feeling pretty lonely and I can not be the only one!! Don't be shy, say hello and share your story. I love all the ladies on here, be great to connect with a few locals!!

... I can hear the crickets chirping already..... Haha xx

This is one cricket that is saying hello

Hi there, I'm new and from Perth :)

Hi Missy Moo, Nice to meet you. North or South? :) I knew I couldn't be the only one. Your profile doesn't say much, whats your story Hun? :) Thanks for reaching out!!! Kat xx

This is one cricket that is saying hello

Hello :) Your profile indicates you are not from Perth. Nice to meet you all the same, is your profile inaccurate? Lol Kat xx

I literally signed up to shys 3 days ago so I'm trying to figure out how to do all this. And how on earth I can meet women with similar views as me.

I literally signed up to shys 3 days ago so I'm trying to figure out how to do all this. And how on earth I can meet women with similar views as me.

I love this site and have only been a member for a few months, however it seems most of the lovely ladies on here are not from Australia let alone Perth. Was really hoping to meet ladies on here from Perth. For friendship. Obviously you can't rule out anything more, but just likeminded friends would be a huge start. If you get to 20 posts you can start private messaging people I think, so get posting. Lol I think the rules are that you are not allowed to arrange meets on the public forums like this, though there is a meetings page I think... :)

Kat xx

Just had a look at my profile and edited it a bit :) my introductory story is now on there. I'm hoping to find some lovely friends who share my thoughts and feelings :)

Wow, I am soooo old!! Lol ;P I can relate to the things you are saying. All of them! Lol I also have no desire for a threeway. Hubby wants to be involved so we hope to find a lady we can share. When I say share I mean both date her. He still hopes for a threeway but I have explained to him that this isn't what I want. I understand you are probably looking for younger people to chat to, but I'm here if you want to chat xx

Thanks KittyKat. Its nice to know that there are women who have the same feelings as me. Especially so close to me. I was starting to feel like I was all alone in this. I'm glad I have set a good base for future ladies with my partner. It has been a struggle to find someone so understanding who doesn't make it all about him.

Also just to add. You are not old!!! No way near old :) I view old as 100 haha I hope my youthful view of the world stays with me for the rest of my life. Otherwise life just isn't fun and you begin living it just for the sake of living.

It's all good in theory, not so sure about making it a reality. So far I have failed at that... Lol But at least we know there is someone else like us not too far away. Seriously, I only meet straight girls in real life, where are all the not so straight girls in Perth hiding?! Lol We need to go on a "treasure" hunt I think!! Haha For what it's worth I wish I had known so clearly what I wanted and how to articulate it and put it into practice when I was your age. I also hope your youthful exuberance never leaves you, but you obviously also possess a level of maturity that I certainly did not at the same age. Impressive!! :) Good for you!!! I am SoR btw xxx

Thank you! :) that is a beautiful compliment! I think a treasure hunt is definitely needed haha

Oh thank you KittyKat. That is a lovely compliment!

I think a treasure hunt is a great idea! :P

Hi Ladies,

Im in Perth and jus joined here for a bit of insigt and support I suppose.

Itll be nice to make a few friends on here (:

Hi Bifuly,

Welcome. So nice to meet another Perthian!! What is your story lovely? :) xx

hiya :bye:

I am from just south of perth (about an hrs drive to the CBD in good traffic) and although I have supportive friends, they are all straight, and all also on the other side of the country!

I am grateful for the friends I do have, and for the acceptance and support they have offered me, but it really would be lovely to have people to sit and chat with over a coffee/tea, face to face, who understand from the inside what it is like being Bi :)

Hi Whimsical,

Nice to meet you. Did you ever go to connections or the court house for a shy's meet? If so, how did it go? Good to see this thread continuing to attract interest slowly, though I have no idea how to arrange a meet (like, what the rules are and who organises it and such) it's great to know there could be enough of us eventually to make it viable! :)

I can relate to your feeling both young and old, and my husband is a gamer but not me. Apart from that you sound much more motivated than I am... Lol But I know what you mean about being a mum too, and how you can kinda lose yourself in that for a while. My youngest is starting Kindy this year, so hopefully I can relocate my identity sometime!! Lol

Kat xx

Hi Whimsical,

Nice to meet you. Did you ever go to connections or the court house for a shy's meet? If so, how did it go? Good to see this thread continuing to attract interest slowly, though I have no idea how to arrange a meet (like, what the rules are and who organises it and such) it's great to know there could be enough of us eventually to make it viable! :)

I can relate to your feeling both young and old, and my husband is a gamer but not me. Apart from that you sound much more motivated than I am... Lol But I know what you mean about being a mum too, and how you can kinda lose yourself in that for a while. My youngest is starting Kindy this year, so hopefully I can relocate my identity sometime!! Lol

Kat xx

I never ended up getting to the court hotel, a lady i used to work with was going to take me, but she ended up having to cancel, i dont really have anyone else to go with and i havent mustered the courage to go alone (plus my hubby was away for 5 months leading up to xmas, so it would have meant organising a someone to babysit, and then explaining why i was going out! haha) its also a long way to travel late at night... and my inner granma would much prefer not to bother ;)

i would still like to go sometime, if i have someone to go with :)

i keep meaning to look up the local LGBTQ association, but havent gotten around to it yet. i guess i havent put it too high up the priority list as i feel a bit off put by the rumours that often the 'B' is really only a token in the name, that 'real' gay/lesbian members arent very welcoming to Bi members. i havent personally experienced that mind... I have no idea if it is like that around here :dontknow: have you had any experience with local LGBTQ people kittykat?

I never ended up getting to the court hotel, a lady i used to work with was going to take me, but she ended up having to cancel, i dont really have anyone else to go with and i havent mustered the courage to go alone (plus my hubby was away for 5 months leading up to xmas, so it would have meant organising a someone to babysit, and then explaining why i was going out! haha) its also a long way to travel late at night... and my inner granma would much prefer not to bother ;)

i would still like to go sometime, if i have someone to go with :)

i keep meaning to look up the local LGBTQ association, but havent gotten around to it yet. i guess i havent put it too high up the priority list as i feel a bit off put by the rumours that often the 'B' is really only a token in the name, that 'real' gay/lesbian members arent very welcoming to Bi members. i havent personally experienced that mind... I have no idea if it is like that around here :dontknow: have you had any experience with local LGBTQ people kittykat?

Never really go into northbridge, it's scary!! Lol Not into clubs and whatnot. Even when I identified as lesbian and had a female partner I didn't feel the need to be involved in the scene. Perhaps regrettably, I wanted to just be a person, not part of a segregated community. I have never even been to a pride parade or anything. I should have, or should go sometime. A close friend of mine who is striaght goes regularly, I should go with her next time. More recently, I was feeling very upset, confused and isolated and I searched for support groups for married bisexual women, and at least for perth came up with nothing. There were LGBT Groups for young people but the cut off age was 25. I guess we don't need support after that. So I contacted the LGBT office or whatever asking about it. It took MONTHS for them to respond and when they did I was told there is a LGBT Playgroup running in Morley on Wednesday mornings. But my daugher will be in Kindy that day now, so wont be joining them. Might be an option for you though. From memory they have a facebook page. :)

Are you looking to go to these places to find a woman to hook up with though? Playgroup may not be the right setting... (says the woman who last picked someone up at playgroup?!! Hahahaha) We never did end up hooking up though, it was close... :)

hehe, I wasnt looking for a local LGBT group to try and pick up! although now that you have said it, its not a bad idea... ;) (kidding!)

I guess mentioning it in the same post as going to the 'gay hotel' might not have been the smartest move - I can see why you might have gotten the wrong impression :blush: ;)

Haha, you didn't give me the wrong idea, obviously the thought crossed my mind and I assumed it crossed yours too whimsical!! Lol I think the name of it was

Playgroups With Pride WA

You can find them on facebook under that name, or you can email them at: playgroupswithpridewa@gmail.com

They run a session called ‘Love Makes a Family’ every Monday from 9.30 to 11.30am, and Friday 12.30 to 2.30pm. Cost is $4 per session, and ages are 0-16 years. The location is Derrick Errnst Neighbourhood Centre, next to Morley Galleria, 42 Rudloc Road, Morley.

If you end up going, PM me to tell me how it goes!! :) xx

PS It appears I was wrong about the days.... I could still go on a monday....

Edited by KittiKat

Hi. I'm a perth girl and new to this forum. Are there any more perth girls out there?

Hi, I'm in my early 40s and I have just started going out to meet other bi women. I have an awesome man in my life who supports me exploring this side, which is great. Note- I have zero experience, so at this stage I'm just looking for other women to chat to. Feel free to message me. Coffee is also a good start. I'd even like to catch up in a group.