#1 OFFLINE   manda52panda83

manda52panda83

Bashful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 04:30 PM

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:36 AM

So a friend of mine's birthday is coming up and I got her a present and a card. Except I did not know that she doesn't celebrate her birthday! Ugh. Now I don't know what to do. Should I give it to her when it's not her birthday as a "non-birthday present" or just forget it altogether?! Only problem with the non-birthday thing is the card which I wrote a sappy note in. It says happy birthday all over it. What should I do? Feeling stuck.

#2 OFFLINE   BiTriMama

BiTriMama

Ladylike as Fuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Local time: 01:30 PM
  • Skin: Pink Bits Two
  • Favourite Film:Swingers, Sideways, Kissing Jessica Stein

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:27 AM

It depends on her and her reasons.  For example, a friend of mine growing up is a Jehovah's Witness, and if I tried to celebrate her birthday, even in the tiniest way, it made her really uncomfortable, and seemed to undermine her religion.  If it's a preference thing, you could still give it to her, and just say, I wanted to celebrate without making it a big deal.  Happy birthday! And then leave it there.  Either way, downplay big time.

#3 OFFLINE   manda52panda83

manda52panda83

Bashful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:55 AM

Good advice. Her reasoning is not due to religious beliefs. However, I do want to respect her choice. I could tell her what happened. "I got you something for your birthday before you told me you don't celebrate your birthday. I would like to give it to you because you're my friend and I think you will like it. Your birthday was just an excuse to give it to you. Please take this gift as a token of our friendship, birthday or not." Or something along those lines. Would this be a good idea?

#4 OFFLINE   SakuraGirl

SakuraGirl

Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Local time: 03:30 PM
  • Music:Red Hot Chili Peppers, Iration, and Weezer
  • Signature Fragrance:Halloween
  • Favourite Film:Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, There's Just Something About Mary, and Ghostbusters (2016)

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:06 AM

View Postmanda52panda83, on 21 April 2017 - 02:55 AM, said:

Good advice. Her reasoning is not due to religious beliefs. However, I do want to respect her choice. I could tell her what happened. "I got you something for your birthday before you told me you don't celebrate your birthday. I would like to give it to you because you're my friend and I think you will like it. Your birthday was just an excuse to give it to you. Please take this gift as a token of our friendship, birthday or not." Or something along those lines. Would this be a good idea?

Sounds like a good plan!

#5 OFFLINE   Giulia1098

Giulia1098

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Music:Everything... but I am REALLY on an Italian kick right now... representing my roots! :)
  • Signature Fragrance:Soap? But I do like girls who smell nice...
  • Favourite Film:That is really tough... I like all kinds of movies and I adore anime.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:08 PM

View Postmanda52panda83, on 21 April 2017 - 02:55 AM, said:

That is a great idea. And whether she celebrates her birthday or not... the fact that you did something so sweet and thoughtful will surely make her smile. :)
*** Life is way too short to be bored ***

#6 OFFLINE   Hungry

Hungry

ShyBi-Goddess

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Local time: 09:30 PM

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:44 PM

You're on the right track. Say less though.

Just be like I'd gotten you a gift and written a little something in the card when someone told me you don't celebrate your birthday. There's thought in the words even if you don't keep the gift :P

- Coming from someone who doesn't celebrate their birthday, you don't need to feel bad.

Edited by Hungry, 21 April 2017 - 07:45 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   manda52panda83

manda52panda83

Bashful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:42 AM

View PostHungry, on 21 April 2017 - 07:44 PM, said:

You're on the right track. Say less though.

Just be like I'd gotten you a gift and written a little something in the card when someone told me you don't celebrate your birthday. There's thought in the words even if you don't keep the gift :P

- Coming from someone who doesn't celebrate their birthday, you don't need to feel bad.
I will keep it short and sweet then just like me :s I will update as soon as the time comes and I get a chance to tell her and give it to her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users