Special Chat???

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Special Chat times? (61 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like more times available for discussion groups in chat?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What style would you like to have the chat?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What day of the week would you like to have the chat? and which times of day would you prefer?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   JustmeTiff

JustmeTiff

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Local time: 04:33 PM
  • Skin: Pink Bits Two

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:56 PM

I was just thinking, and I know a few of us had a chat about it yesterday, but thought I'd put it out there.

What would yall think of setting up certain times for the chat room to do a theme (or something) for topics of conversation. I just thought it would be cool to know there are things going on at certain times, and think it would help draw people to chat. From the "Hot Seat" post I know there were a bunch of people who said they don't like to go into chat, but I also know there are a lot of people who do!

I think it's sorta neat that after getting the 50 Post, being able to go into chat and see what the different people are really like. After reading many posts from people, it's kinda like.... hey, I know your stuff! But getting to chat is a really different experience on getting to know the people on this Forum.

So any Ideas on what we should do? Yesterday we sorta started to make it a "Happy Hour" Theme... lot of fun, and so HALARIOUS!!! If you could also leave a brief comment about where you live for quick refrence... in you are interested. Thanks.

Any suggestions are helpful, so please, if you have any ideas let us know.

Edited by JustmeTiff, 01 March 2008 - 03:08 AM.

#2 OFFLINE   LilythePink

LilythePink

We are all Goddesses!

• Shybi Illuminati
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,311 posts
  • Local time: 08:33 PM
  • Music:Anything good
  • Signature Fragrance:Black Orchid

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:04 PM

We have Discussion Group, every Friday, where we talk about a particular subject, usually serious, although some can dissolve into fits of laughter ...

AND we will be having Book Club back....I shall be posting a poll about that in the General Forum...

Throw some ideas out there, Tiff, let's see what people want...

"Happy Hour"..that sounds fun !!!

#3 OFFLINE   JustmeTiff

JustmeTiff

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:34 PM

View PostLilythePink, on Feb 20 2008, 08:04 AM, said:

We have Discussion Group, every Friday, where we talk about a particular subject, usually serious, although some can dissolve into fits of laughter ...

AND we will be having Book Club back....I shall be posting a poll about that in the General Forum...

Throw some ideas out there, Tiff, let's see what people want...

"Happy Hour"..that sounds fun !!!

That's good to know about the discussion group, and the book club. And yes it was a blast. We had Wiki as "bartender" and everything. It was all just for a good laugh, which at the end of a hard day is kinda nice.

What about a morning chat? Like for those who like to get up in the morning and sit down at the computer with their coffee/ tea, and just like to have a good chat?

Edited by JustmeTiff, 20 February 2008 - 01:45 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   Brighteyes22

Brighteyes22

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Music:folk-rock-pop-acoustic, some indie, some country, blues, female singer-songwriters

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:30 PM

View PostLilythePink, on Feb 20 2008, 01:04 PM, said:

Are there any certain times for friday discussion- or just all day?

#5 OFFLINE   LilythePink

LilythePink

We are all Goddesses!

• Shybi Illuminati
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,311 posts
  • Music:Anything good
  • Signature Fragrance:Black Orchid

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:35 PM

10.00pm London time, every Friday !

There is a thread for Discussion group, pinned in the General Forum.

I let everyone know what the next subject for discussing will be. This Friday, it is the Orgasm !!!

Edited by LilythePink, 28 February 2008 - 11:58 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   Matty

Matty

Married to Phalen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,799 posts
  • Music:80's music/ACDC/Def leppard/Queen/Pink
  • Signature Fragrance:Red by Georgeo
  • Favourite Film:The Heat with Sandra Bulick

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:31 PM

Ok if your not London time .. what time would it be in the USA for those that wanna come.
We have 4 different time zones here  :hug:
Shy's typo queen and Mod Squid
Phalen & Matty

Aicordcng to a rseearch at Cabmridge Univeristy, it dseon't mtater in waht oedrr the leettrs in a wrod are. The olny imaortpnt tnihg is taht the fisrt and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit palce.

The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wihtout prbolem. Tihs is becuase the hamun mnid deos not raed eevry letetr by itslef, but the wrod as a wohle.

#7 OFFLINE   sweet_tart

sweet_tart

Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Local time: 12:33 PM
  • Music:Many different genres, just depends on time, place, and mood.

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:42 AM

Here's a link to a time zone converter if anyone needs it.
http://www.timezonec...cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

I know 10:00pm London time is 2 pm here in Washington State.  Pacific Time.

#8 OFFLINE   PrincessPurple

PrincessPurple

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Local time: 03:33 PM

Posted 01 March 2008 - 02:42 AM

that is not a very convenient time for me, personally, so i always miss the scheduled discussions.

#9 OFFLINE   Pants

Pants

I'm awesome

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • Local time: 07:33 AM
  • Music:something heavy

Posted 01 March 2008 - 03:17 PM

There's never going to be a convenient time for all time zones... So even if another discussion group is organised, some are still going to find it in-convenient.

I'm 16 hours ahead of the U.S and 11 ahead of the UK. I keep odd hours, tho. But the Friday discussion is at 9am Saturday morning for me, i'm either asleep or doing something else, being the weekend and spending time with my beloved.

And thats just me!   Add 2 hours on for New Zealand take 2 hours away for Indonesia...it just goes on and on.

Right now Discussion is at 10pm London time first alot aren't there because they're either out or in bed, second, if it goes for hours, the poor Uker's are in bed after midnight. In the U.S its what 5pm? A lot are having dinner or family time, but then they have some time up their sleeve to stay for quite some time, hell don't even need to come at the start when they're having dinner/family time.

Bottom line, there's never gonna be a convenient  time being an international forum.

Just covering all angles here.

first impressions never last
there is no instruction booklet for life
it's not self-help, if you get it from a book

-Pants

#10 OFFLINE   JustmeTiff

JustmeTiff

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 05:31 PM

Well, I think that's why there are so many people who wish to have more options. No, there isn't ever going to be the "perfect" time for everyone... but having more options couldn't hurt. I think that is what some of us are looking for... more times = more options. And maybe if they can't make it to one time... then they could try to make it to one at the alternative time.

Like I said before... it's just a suggestion.

I know I do try to make it to the one's that we have now... but I understand that for the people who live in the UK it does get really late, and might not want to stay up so late.... to continue something that the people from the US, or where ever, have to come in late to isn't always fun.

#11 OFFLINE   butterflykiss

butterflykiss

Onward to better things

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:54 PM

I would love to have another option for discussion groups...Maybe we could all do the same topic just two or maybe even three different times...My question though and I'm sure someone knows the answer. who would lead these other times?  I know the friday night one Lily leads so would we need another mod to join us?  Personally that one is at 5pm on friday and I am at work and if i'm not then it would be errands and dinner.  I would be open to like after 7 eastern time or even during the day on a saturday.  I'll be interested to see where this can go.  Thanks Tiff

I've never dropped anyone I believed in.

Marilyn Monroe

Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   ithinkimgreat

ithinkimgreat

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Music:Fiona Apple, Jay Z, Maroon 5, Christina Aguilera

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:57 PM

I like the idea of having more options for chat times.

Posted Image

You just want to have your fun and eat it too. - My BFF

#13 OFFLINE   ~DiamondRose~

~DiamondRose~

~the concrete rose~

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts
  • Local time: 12:33 PM
  • Music:all sorts
  • Signature Fragrance:chanel chance

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:29 PM

more options is never a bad thing, and it allows for people in diff time zones to enjoy a structured discussion much like fridays...makes sense to me, good idea tiff! :hyper:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#14 OFFLINE   epontel2008

epontel2008

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:35 PM

i really like the idea of setting up structured chats with specific topics... maybe even other chat groups that consistently talk about all of the topics that are on the posts. i enjoy popping into the chat room as it is now but i am new and still feel like i'm not getting "the joke" - usually, members in the room already know each other and are talking about something that i don't know. it's nice when the chat opens up to things that are more universal (sex ed, relationship issues, etc.) but other than that, i just sit back and watch.

great poll.

#15 OFFLINE   Froggy

Froggy

ShyBi-Goddess

• Shybi Illuminati
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,529 posts
  • Music:Queen, Abba, Tina Turner, Annie Lennox, Russell Watson, Meatloaf, Bee Gees, Elvis, Shirley Bassey(probably the only one on this site..lol)

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:42 PM

To me there are no reasons why you can't have your own discussions groups in your own time zones...talk about the same subject then maybe post a summary about it, to bring the whole discussion groups together.

UK discussion takes place usually on a Friday at 10pm for UK girls and anyone else who can join in from anywhere.

US can do a time for themselves....and so could other part of the world.

Just thoughts...
Luv
Froggy

xxx

Is it possible to fall deeper in love?....Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   epontel2008

epontel2008

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:53 PM

View PostFroggy, on Apr 17 2008, 02:42 PM, said:

To me there are no reasons why you can't have your own discussions groups in your own time zones...talk about the same subject then maybe post a summary about it, to bring the whole discussion groups together.

UK discussion takes place usually on a Friday at 10pm for UK girls and anyone else who can join in from anywhere.

US can do a time for themselves....and so could other part of the world.

Just thoughts...

good point froggy... i just looked in chat and we can create new rooms, right? no reason why we can't set up a special chat for a special time for US users...

thanks for the thought! :evilgrin0039:

#17 OFFLINE   Froggy

Froggy

ShyBi-Goddess

• Shybi Illuminati
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,529 posts
  • Music:Queen, Abba, Tina Turner, Annie Lennox, Russell Watson, Meatloaf, Bee Gees, Elvis, Shirley Bassey(probably the only one on this site..lol)

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:26 PM

View Postepontel2008, on Apr 17 2008, 08:53 PM, said:

good point froggy... i just looked in chat and we can create new rooms, right? no reason why we can't set up a special chat for a special time for US users...

thanks for the thought! :evilgrin0039:

You can't actually set up new rooms for yourself...no reason why you can't use one of the room already there for your discussion groups, just like the UK ones do, that way the main chat room stays as it is, and anyone then can come in and then if they wish to join the discussion group just join the room you have for it.
Luv
Froggy

xxx

Is it possible to fall deeper in love?....Posted Image

#18 OFFLINE   truelly69

truelly69

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Local time: 09:33 PM

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:49 PM

I'm with 'pants', what are the chances of local forums, but I guess that limits the numbers in some cases, just a thought! Also, for a structured approach, it would help those of us who don't often get into chat, at times its like walking into a room full of people and only knowing one or two there, can take a while to get into the swing of things, again, just a thought.

#19 OFFLINE   Delicate

Delicate

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

With a lil planning and Patience this will all work itself out. I'd love attend a discussion or 2. But like others i need to fit it in.
©Delicate 2013

#20 OFFLINE   RubyStarlight

RubyStarlight

<3 All of me - Loves - All of you <3

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,059 posts
  • Local time: 09:33 PM
  • Music:I love country music and some new pop.
  • Signature Fragrance:Amore Amore
  • Favourite Film:Love Actually

Donator

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:46 AM

I wonder what happened to the Friday night discussions. Are they still a done thing as I've not noticed them or a while? X

I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users