moonbynight

ShyBi-Goddess

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
  • Local time: 10:04 AM
  • Skin: Pink Bits Two

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:47 AM

I'm sorry, I think I'm getting my disappearing old-timers confused.

#22 OFFLINE   Hungry

Hungry

ShyBi-Goddess

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Local time: 06:04 PM

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:17 AM

View Postmoonbynight, on 15 January 2017 - 04:47 AM, said:

I'm sorry, I think I'm getting my disappearing old-timers confused.

Thought so. A few old faithfuls have dropped in though :) Never mind!

Also for future reference her shouts and name is always displayed in red because she is the chosen one (admin). The longest game of Where's Waldo anyone? :P

#23 OFFLINE   satehen

satehen

Resident Metaller

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,063 posts
  • Local time: 05:04 PM
  • Music:METAL \m/{-_-}\m/

Donator

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:03 AM

View PostHungry, on 14 January 2017 - 11:29 PM, said:

Last I heard she was still with her partner. Friend of a friend, but she doesn't even live in London anymore and I don't have a number otherwise I'd text and be like hey, is she alive? I don't think we need to dramatic conclusions of that sort! I think it more likely someone would of reached out if she had died actually, that's usually the way it goes...

That was a bit drastic. I was just worrying that she may have had a death in the family or become unwell.

Posted Image

Come to the bi side, we have cake.

#24 OFFLINE   Shei

Shei

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Local time: 01:04 PM
  • Skin: IP.Board
  • Signature Fragrance:VapoRub

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:02 PM

View PostHungry, on 14 January 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

Excuse me if you anyone thinks I'm out of turn here. But I assume as the mods you have ways to contact admin? Even if she just confirms she's not gonna do anything about it at this point. I can't believe that nobody is asking her for some kind of thought on the matter. It's not your fault as mods and as ever, every member is grateful for access to the site without charge, I'm sure.

That said, eventually if this becomes a consistent issue at this level it's rendering the site ineffective and as much as it's a great resource there comes a point where it's so worn down that it fails to serve it's purpose. I mean if that happens, it happens but it seems like admin should know or change what she's paying for?

We definitely tried all avenues we could think of to contact the admin. This is why Sate mentions the concern that the reason for being MIA is not good... probably very not good.
Maybe we could stop ourselves loving a woman, but maybe it just feels too damned good to ever want to.

Maybe, she's just... it.

#25 OFFLINE   Hungry

Hungry

ShyBi-Goddess

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • Local time: 06:04 PM

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:14 PM

View PostShei, on 15 January 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

We definitely tried all avenues we could think of to contact the admin. This is why Sate mentions the concern that the reason for being MIA is not good... probably very not good.

Yeah. I wasn't the one who brought up being dead originally. I don't think it's that dramatic otherwise by now the site would of gone down for good. If it was something simple though you would have been informed, which again is a worry..

Oh well, keep on trucking. Happy Sunday all the same and thanks again to the mods for keeping house :)

Edited by Hungry, 20 January 2017 - 03:36 AM.

#26 OFFLINE   Ambrosia

Ambrosia

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Favourite Film:A Clockwork Orange, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:26 PM

View PostAlia_rose, on 14 January 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

On a Dutch website for women,  where I worked before we did cam checks with all new members. They could sign up, but were not able to do anything if the didn't do Skype cam check, with a piece of paper, in front of a clock holding straight up. On it the place,  the time and a security question.
But it was lot of work -  and fun.
Just want to share my experience.

I was part of a local bisexual women's kik group, and this is how it was dealt with, though for the purpose of keeping men out.  Though there were only about 30 people in the group at any given time, it was exceptionally effective and guaranteed that every person in the group was female. Members were required to post a video showing their face, stating their name, the date and time, and the group name within 5 minutes of joining (to make sure they weren't pulling a video from elsewhere or getting a female to stand in for them). This seems like a lot of work for moderators though, as there are tons of shy users compared to that group. So who knows if it would work?

Edited by Ambrosia, 15 January 2017 - 05:27 PM.

#27 OFFLINE   wolfbigrl88

wolfbigrl88

Net's future wife

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  • Local time: 12:04 PM
  • Music:Hard rock, 80's,
  • Signature Fragrance:C K one
  • Favourite Film:Man From Snowy River, Princess Bride, Loving Anabelle, Eddie and the Cruisers

Donator

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:37 AM

I don't think that the video option would be cost effective here because of the nature of the site. It's been free for us to use but probably has cost the admin a ton of money just to keep it up and running. I can only hope, along with all of us still loving being here and taking part, that la-femme would come back.

No one knows the reasons she went MIA, but I suspect that someone knows but that they are being a very loyal and faithful friend in not saying anything about it at the moment. I'm sure when the time is right that she'll re-surface and take back control of the ship. For now the mods are doing a fantastic job at keeping things going here so that all of us can continue to enjoy interacting with one another and learning more about our own feelings while becoming more confident in our sexuality.

#28 OFFLINE   celeste teal

celeste teal

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Music:80s, Folk, Classic Rock, Indie Rock, Swing Jazz
  • Signature Fragrance:Marc Jacobs Honey
  • Favourite Film:Serenity, Celestial Beings

Donator

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:30 PM

Thank you moderators for trouncing the spammers; we seem to be winning the war, hooray!

#29 OFFLINE   naturally_lovely

naturally_lovely

the sum of Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Signature Fragrance:xctacy

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

So.. mods do not have the ability to put a hold on new members sighing up? If we cant stop them from flowing in... how then can we beat them?
And what my role as a member be. Other than report all suspected spammers?
And donate.

#30 OFFLINE   celeste teal

celeste teal

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Music:80s, Folk, Classic Rock, Indie Rock, Swing Jazz
  • Signature Fragrance:Marc Jacobs Honey
  • Favourite Film:Serenity, Celestial Beings

Donator

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:25 PM

So the spam-bot Joshuaspemy makes 11 posts here in this topic. Coincidence? Or does IT have a sense of humour? Can we take note of the IP addresses that desperately want our clicks  and launch some kind of counter-attack? Hypothetically of course.

#31 OFFLINE   wolfbigrl88

wolfbigrl88

Net's future wife

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  • Favourite Film:Man From Snowy River, Princess Bride, Loving Anabelle, Eddie and the Cruisers

Donator

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:22 PM

View Postnaturally_lovely, on 10 February 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

So.. mods do not have the ability to put a hold on new members sighing up? If we cant stop them from flowing in... how then can we beat them?
And donate.

Well at the moment donations might get the admin's attention, however she's still MIA and as for changing the way things are done here, there's nothing that can be done until the admin comes back and takes up an active role again. The mods we have are those who have already been put into place so they are the ones for now that have to handle dealing with the spammers. The best thing you can do is just hit the report button on the profile of the spammer, don't hit the report button on the actual posts that they make.

It's still a free site so don't let the spammers get you down and keep using the site because it's a good site and there's a lot of great ladies on here with lots of great insight and advice.

#32 OFFLINE   wolfbigrl88

wolfbigrl88

Net's future wife

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Donator

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:24 PM

View Postceleste teal, on 11 February 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

So the spam-bot Joshuaspemy makes 11 posts here in this topic. Coincidence? Or does IT have a sense of humour? Can we take note of the IP addresses that desperately want our clicks  and launch some kind of counter-attack? Hypothetically of course.

As soon as the spammer is reported they're posts are removed and their profile is banned, if they're using the same ip address then being banned will keep that person from being able to access the site from wherever they're working at and if it happens enough maybe it'll slow them down and they'll realize that this site is moderated and they aren't going to get what they are trying to accomplish.

#33 OFFLINE   satehen

satehen

Resident Metaller

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,063 posts
  • Local time: 05:04 PM
  • Music:METAL \m/{-_-}\m/

Donator

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:36 PM

View Postnaturally_lovely, on 10 February 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

And donate.

Short answer, no.
Long answer? Nooooooooooo ;) just a little mod humour, if I don't laugh, I cry.

Posted Image

Come to the bi side, we have cake.

#34 OFFLINE   naturally_lovely

naturally_lovely

the sum of Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Signature Fragrance:xctacy

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:39 PM

View Postsatehen, on 21 February 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

Short answer, no.
Long answer? Nooooooooooo ;) just a little mod humour, if I don't laugh, I cry.

I think its funny!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users