#1 OFFLINE   myladylove

myladylove

Shy Lady

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Local time: 06:04 PM

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:31 PM

Any of you ladies fancy a swearing  thread, ie somewhere where we can get the anger frustration and stress out of our systems with a few choice words? It's quite good therapy and can lead to some discussions and support.

With mod approval of course...
I am who I am, your approval is not needed.

#2 OFFLINE   Shebop

Shebop

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Skin: Pink Bits Two

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:34 PM

I actually like the sound of this! Handy when there's nobody around on social websites to vent to! :D Wonder if it will be allowed?

#3 OFFLINE   MSR

MSR

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Music:Anything from modern pop/dance to 80s/90s indie/grunge depending on what I am doing and my mood.
  • Favourite Film:The Life of Brian

Donator

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:48 PM

Fuck Yes!

Believe it or not I don't swear a huge amount. I tend to swear when I am joking, when I am out enjoying myself, when I am frustrated and I also say fuck a lot when having sex....but at other times, not fucking much!

*so really the only time you don't swear is in front of kids*....errr Yes...

#4 OFFLINE   MSR

MSR

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Music:Anything from modern pop/dance to 80s/90s indie/grunge depending on what I am doing and my mood.

Donator

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:50 PM

Note to self: your last post was probably not a good idea, what sort of impression are you giving people?
Second note to self: F*** O**!

#5 OFFLINE   Shebop

Shebop

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:57 PM

Lol, at least myself amd myladylove are not alone in wanting to vent off now and again! It's good to let rip now and again! Fuck yeah! :D

#6 OFFLINE   Lackingconfidence

Lackingconfidence

Big Tease

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Local time: 07:04 PM
  • Music:Depeche Mode, Audioslave/Soundgarden, Concrete Blonde, Madonna
  • Favourite Film:Where to start!?

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:57 PM

View PostMSR, on 28 April 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

Note to self: your last post was probably not a good idea, what sort of impression are you giving people?
Second note to self: F*** O**!

Who fucking cares what other people think!! Stephen Fry, the brilliant and erudite man that he is loves to swear. And I'm with him when he says why wouldn't you make full use of those wonderfully expressive, risque, socially dangerous words? They are amazing. I swear a lot admittedly, but I also love our language so for me it's proportionate.

I mean who doesn't say shitballs!? It's wonderful!

#7 OFFLINE   Shebop

Shebop

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:02 PM

I don't generally swear AT people, but sometimes I use an expletive, or the English language vernacular :D as it's often common place in Ireland to use it in place of something else to express yourself more clearly. It just sounds more exciting sometimes and has better impact. Fuck off always sounds more definitive than go away lol :D

#8 OFFLINE   Shymaybebi

Shymaybebi

Big Tease

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Local time: 02:04 AM

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:21 PM

Bunch of media outlets last year ran stories about a study showing swearing is a sign of intelligence and a potty mouth just means you have a larger vocabulary than most. So a swearing forum on Shys? For a bunch of intelligent articulate women? Hell yeah! Science, Stephen Fry... They've got our backs on this one!

#9 OFFLINE   Lackingconfidence

Lackingconfidence

Big Tease

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Music:Depeche Mode, Audioslave/Soundgarden, Concrete Blonde, Madonna
  • Favourite Film:Where to start!?

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:31 PM

View PostShebop, on 28 April 2016 - 09:02 PM, said:

I don't generally swear AT people, but sometimes I use an expletive, or the English language vernacular :D as it's often common place in Ireland to use it in place of something else to express yourself more clearly. It just sounds more exciting sometimes and has better impact. Fuck off always sounds more definitive than go away lol :D

It really fucking does!

#10 OFFLINE   Vampire

Vampire

ShyBi-Goddess

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Local time: 04:04 AM
  • Music:80's

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:07 PM

Are you ladies serious. Lol. Do you think it may become personal? Turn into a shit fight?
A thread I think I'd avoid maybe. Have fun. :)

#11 OFFLINE   Hungry

Hungry

ShyBi-Goddess

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:31 PM

I think it's one of those threads where someone would get butt hurt.

But you know what? Fuck 'em ;)

I don't swear much. Usually in jest and sometimes when giving an option too and not in an insulting way to try and shut someone down.

Sometimes people are ignorant little fuck wits or self-righteous cunts. It's not usually personal,  but feeling passionately should be communicated through a strong vocabulary and an understanding of language. If you know that there's nothing wrong with cussing or the use of expletives if you have the means to manage without them.

Knowing when to drop them for maximum effect is a form of catharsis for a lot of people.

Edited by Hungry, 28 April 2016 - 11:37 PM.

#12 OFFLINE   Shebop

Shebop

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:34 PM

View PostHungry, on 28 April 2016 - 11:31 PM, said:

I think it's one of those threads where someone would get butt hurt.

But you know what? Fuck 'em ;)

I don't swear much, but usually in jest and sometimes when giving an option too and not in an insulting way to try and shut someone down.

Sometimes people are ignorant little fuck wits or self-righteous cunts. It's not usually personal,  but feeling passionately should involve expressive language and there's nothing wrong with cussing or the use of expletives if you have the means to manage without them.

Knowing when to drop them for maximum effect is a form of catharsis for a lot of people.

Lol :D Fucking love this!

#13 OFFLINE   GypsyButterfly

GypsyButterfly

Your Friend & Confidante

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,074 posts
  • Local time: 10:04 AM
  • Music:Classical, big band, jazz, classic rock, gospel, Celtic, hip hop, show tunes, pop, alternative
  • Favourite Film:Hello, Dolly!

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:01 AM

I rarely swear & then, only when I'm extremely upset. Which hardly ever happens. When it does, it's about something private, so, wouldn't be sharing that. Plus, I'm usually over it within 15 minutes. I direct my energy to other things. That's just me. We all handle things differently.

ETA: When I say, fuck off & fuck you, I mean it, very sincerely. At least, at the time. It's directed at my husband or someone else I'm close to. Even then, not often. The average person isn't going to illicit that sort of feeling in me.

Edited by GypsyButterfly, 29 April 2016 - 01:14 AM.

Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   Abby96

Abby96

Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Local time: 01:04 PM
  • Music:Love music, if you can suggest a good band you like leave me a message

Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:26 PM

View PostGypsyButterfly, on 29 April 2016 - 01:01 AM, said:

I rarely swear & then, only when I'm extremely upset. Which hardly ever happens. When it does, it's about something private, so, wouldn't be sharing that. Plus, I'm usually over it within 15 minutes. I direct my energy to other things. That's just me. We all handle things differently.

ETA: When I say, fuck off & fuck you, I mean it, very sincerely. At least, at the time. It's directed at my husband or someone else I'm close to. Even then, not often. The average person isn't going to illicit that sort of feeling in me.
I am the same way I swear out of frustration and when Im done I move on but its fast and furious when I do. Usually over someone
doing something really stupid and just trying to hurt someone or take advantage of something, then I just say nothing and Im done.
Then I think they get it, some people I work with total assholes and best for me to handle them do my work and nothing more with them.
I just try to think its not worth my time and energy to waste on certain people. I think if they want a thread just to vent fine but I dont think it would
be one I would read.And I like the way you handle your swearing Gypse.

#15 OFFLINE   blueeyes4

blueeyes4

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Music:Most music
  • Signature Fragrance:Daisy,Ck One
  • Favourite Film:sci-fi,western and comedy

Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:31 PM

Sounds like a fucking good idea to me :-D
Born this way
"The secret to your own happiness,Your own good future,is within your own hands,don't miss that opportunity"

#16 OFFLINE   myladylove

myladylove

Shy Lady

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:01 PM

Another ladies forum I was on had a swearing thread and it wasn't used to insult other forum members but to vent the general frustrations in life particularly as a minority group. I left that group for various reasons and I just so miss having a good old fuck about all the bollocks in my life.
I am who I am, your approval is not needed.

#17 OFFLINE   lilac_lover

lilac_lover

Butter wouldn't melt....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,506 posts
  • Music:Emmylou Harris, Nanci Griffith, Dolly Parton, Pam Tillis, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard plus many more
  • Signature Fragrance:Red Dor
  • Favourite Film:Contact, PS I Love you and Pride & Prejudice

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:13 PM

Just a word to the wise. Personally I don't see what this has to do with supporting other women but that is my preference. I have never seen foul language as an expression of intelligence and only associate it with aggression due a past relationship. Having no consideration for others feelings and considering them feckwits or c*nts I also find quite insulting to those ladies who would want nothing to do with foul language. However, no-one need be in here unless they wish to. As mods we have to keep an eye on things and it is not a task I personally look forward to.

Swear away BUT the moment ONE insult is given to another member directly, or they are made to feel less than because of their opinion, the thread will be closed. Showing no respect to other women who are, shall we say, more sensitive, is not an option and neither is insulting them. Bullying or aggression has no place on Shybi and it will not be tolerated in any form

This has nothing to do with being 'thought police', as we have recently been called: It has everything to do with respecting others and showing due consideration.

That's it. Swear if you need to but keep it safe and non personal. Think of me, or anyone who does not take part, as you will, but have some respect for their opinion and feelings too

#18 OFFLINE   poptart

poptart

French Kisser

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Music:Music is my life..... Next question
  • Signature Fragrance:Alien
  • Favourite Film:Too many to mention

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:22 PM

If it wasn't for swear words, I would be a mute. I find gesticulating with the hands, just kind of enhances it.
Wankyfuckbag, is my favourite one atm.
The good must die young....... That's why I am getting so old

#19 OFFLINE   Shebop

Shebop

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:40 PM

I honestly can't see how anyone can be insulted by swearing on this thread if there is no personal attacks on anyone, which I doubt very much was the purpose of why the OP started it. Fair enough some people might not like it or have any interest in it, but there are many topics on the site that I and I'm sure lots of others have no interest in so the solution is simple, just don't go in there! As fo it not having anything to do with supporting women, well the very fact that it allows us to vent off unashamedly about the frustrations and trials of everyday life is a lot more supportive than a lot of the topics here, yet just because it involves swearing, which might not be to everyone's liking, it is deemed potentially an area for bullying etc. I am no bully, and am not interested in insulting or offending anyone, I just wanted to make that clear. And I doubt any of the other contributors on this thread are interested in causing offence either. I just needed to get that out there, and no need for a swear word at all :)

#20 OFFLINE   MSR

MSR

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Donator

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:54 PM

Thank fuck is nearly 4pm! Where is that fucking bottle of wine and that bollocks straw! All I can say is TFI Friday!

:-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users