azurwolf

Howling Wolfie

• Shybi Illuminati
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts
  • Local time: 05:37 PM
  • Skin: Pink Bits Two

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:32 PM

The NF is a forum on shy's that requires password access.  This is because it is an area of the site protected for the security of the members who post in there.  This is something the site admin takes very seriously.

Members are reminded that the only people on the site who can offer or issue the NF password are site moderators.  This is to protect the security of you, the members, and the content you post in that forum.

Members should also be aware that the NF password is NOT automatically issued to every member of shy's with 200 posts or 60 days membership.  These limits are in place to allow the mod team to filter out members who do not show willingness to participate properly in this support and discussion forum.  This means it is not just the number of posts that is important, but also the content of them. The time it takes for a member to reach 200 posts is the time a member should use to show their behaviour in chat, shout and in the forum topic boards is respecting the site rules and respectful to other site members.

We remind you that the NF password is issued to members on the strict understanding that it will NOT be offered or given to any other member.

We remind you that any member wishing to request the NF password should contact a Mod, even if they have simply forgotten the password and want a reminder.

The mods take this very seriously, in order to protect the security of all of you who have posted in the NF.

Edited by kyra, 17 January 2011 - 11:07 AM.

Look to this day: for it is life, the very life of life. In its brief course lie all the verities and realities of your existence. The bliss of growth,the glory of action,the splendour of achievement are but experiences of time. For yesterday is but a dream and tomorrow is only a vision; And today well-lived, makes yesterday a dream of happiness And every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this day; Such is the salutation to the ever-new day. Kadilasa

#2 OFFLINE   azurwolf

azurwolf

Howling Wolfie

• Shybi Illuminati
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

I see a few newbies asking around about what they have to do to get into the NF, so i'm bumping this back up to allow everyone an opportunity to be clear about this whole NF password thing.  There are a lot of myths spreading about boosting post counts, and then newbies get upset when 200 one liners don't get them the password.  So please read this post carefully.

az xxx
Look to this day: for it is life, the very life of life. In its brief course lie all the verities and realities of your existence. The bliss of growth,the glory of action,the splendour of achievement are but experiences of time. For yesterday is but a dream and tomorrow is only a vision; And today well-lived, makes yesterday a dream of happiness And every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this day; Such is the salutation to the ever-new day. Kadilasa

#3 OFFLINE   Mabon

Mabon

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Music:A wide range of music

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:28 AM

View Postazurwolf, on 19 September 2010 - 04:12 PM, said:

I see a few newbies asking around about what they have to do to get into the NF, so i'm bumping this back up to allow everyone an opportunity to be clear about this whole NF password thing.  There are a lot of myths spreading about boosting post counts, and then newbies get upset when 200 one liners don't get them the password.  So please read this post carefully.

az xxx

It is worth the wait & the mods are doing such a great job keeping us safe. :happy0064:  :happy0005:
Talk to you soon
Mabon

Ps sorry about my spelling

#4 OFFLINE   hotpink2108

hotpink2108

Big Tease

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Local time: 10:37 AM
  • Music:My choice of music depends on my mood
  • Signature Fragrance:My fragrance changes often
  • Favourite Film:Pulp Fiction ~ Star Wars

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:18 AM

Hey I'm all about being safe online. Thank you for making this a safe site.

Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away.
When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them anyway -Marilyn Monroe

#5 OFFLINE   Paperkitty

Paperkitty

Getting Flirty

• Silver Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Local time: 08:37 AM

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:58 AM

Nice idea, I'm all for it.

#6 OFFLINE   thehappiestgirlIeverknew

thehappiestgirlIeverknew

ShyBi-Goddess

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,489 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:33 AM

Maybe we could change the name of it to make it less attractive to newbies? Truth is that people don't use it that much ( I haven't even looked in there in six months and I am pretty sure I have forgotten the password, lol. ). Being a carrot, some people will deviously try to get in there. So maybe make it less of a carrot?

xxx

#7 OFFLINE   Ms.G

Ms.G

Coquettish

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,274 posts
  • Local time: 11:37 AM
  • Music:electronica, vocal trance, bass, deep house, r&b, pop, jazz, chill, soul, classical

Posted 31 October 2010 - 10:13 AM

View Postsmudge, on 31 October 2010 - 07:33 AM, said:

Maybe we could change the name of it to make it less attractive to newbies? Truth is that people don't use it that much ( I haven't even looked in there in six months and I am pretty sure I have forgotten the password, lol. ). Being a carrot, some people will deviously try to get in there. So maybe make it less of a carrot?

xxx
i agree. maybe we could change the name of it to attract less attention from curious people. i save my password because i forget it anytime! haha. i don't think people use it that often as well unless they're bloody...  all the time :confused0089:
Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Saucykitty

Saucykitty

Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Local time: 08:37 AM
  • Music:Smooth Jazz

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:54 AM

That's what I like about being here. How safe and private you keep it. Thanks. :)

#9 OFFLINE   Ajimajay

Ajimajay

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Local time: 04:37 PM
  • Music:nirvana, system of a down, metallica, lamb of god, machine head, paramore, foo fighters, slipknot, korn, linkin park, shellshock, pantera, machine head, [anything heavy goes!] pearl jam, jason mraz, AAF,

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

this is a wonderful site and i think you mods have a very hard job but youre doing so well keeping us safe so just wanted to say thank you.
im not too bothered about when i get my 200 posts or whatever im just happy i can talk to you girlies x

#10 OFFLINE   Teachers Pet

Teachers Pet

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Local time: 03:37 AM
  • Music:Pink, The Waifs, Missy Higgins, Adele, Vanessa Amorosi, Fergie (BEP), Kylie, Madonna, Diana Krall,is there a pattern developing here?

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:46 AM

I love how I can express myself on Shybis in ways I wouldn't dream of doing anywhere else. I also love just how much care and support is available from my 'sisters' on here. This place has truly changed my life so thank you all so much. I haven't been on the NF yet but am summoning up the courage to request a p/w for a little peek to see what goes on in there. Can't wait 'til I have the key to that intriguing door.
"I'll have what she's having...."  Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want but rather, the realisation of what you already have.
TP.JPG

#11 OFFLINE   polkadot

polkadot

Cute and Cuddly

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,840 posts
  • Music:Bjork, A Tribe Called Quest, Dead Can Dance, Beck

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:00 AM

I think the idea of the NF is a great idea.  My main concern is not about access, but rather that nobody seems to post there, or visit there.  I really wish the poeple that have access would post more.  It sorta feels like an empty area, but there is SO much potential.

#12 OFFLINE   rebelchick

rebelchick

Big Tease

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Music:I like country, rock, and hip hop.

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:18 PM

That is why this site is so awesome, the safety and security and the ability to be yourself and not talking to some guy pretending to be a hot girl.

#13 OFFLINE   Brittbaby

Brittbaby

Bashful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Music:Jason Mraz, Maroon 5, Jack Johnson, ALL COUNTRY ;), Sara Bareilles, Colbie Caillat, hip hop,

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:49 AM

I'm a newbie ;) but I absolutely LOVE all the safety precautions this site has! I look forward to one day being able to post in the NF knowing I am safe from creepy men!!!

#14 OFFLINE   Catlin

Catlin

Big Tease

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Music:Just about everything except for extreme rock or rap

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:49 AM

I think you're doing a fabulous job! Keep up the good work!  :clapping:
Playing guitar brings out the rock star in me.[/size]

#15 OFFLINE   shadoe819

shadoe819

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Local time: 12:37 PM
  • Music:almost all

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:47 PM

View Postrebelchick, on 18 January 2011 - 03:18 PM, said:

That is why this site is so awesome, the safety and security and the ability to be yourself and not talking to some guy pretending to be a hot girl.
I agree 110%!!  I feel safe here talking about the things we all talk about.  I like the rules for each aspect of the site.  I was a great idea and it works well...keep up the good work MODs!!

Life is way too short, we are not here for a long time, lets at least make it a good time...

#16 OFFLINE   sweetladylooking

sweetladylooking

Big Tease

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:19 PM

I also agree with the MOD policies here.

I have tried several supposedly GLBT sites and found them to be abut 80% men playing games and trying to learn intimate details about us.  I value my free time, don't have much of it.  I want a place I can come kick my shoes off, relax and enjoy what others like me have to say.

Great site, great work by the mods here.  Glad I found it.

Have no idea what the NF section is.  I am enjoying the other areas just fine.

Thank you again MODS.

#17 OFFLINE   Phedre

Phedre

Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Music:The Doors, Pure Reason Revolution, Fleetwood Mac, Bad Religion
  • Signature Fragrance:Amazing Grace by Philosophy
  • Favourite Film:The Princess Bride, V for Vendetta, The Painted Veil, Pan's Labyrinth

Donator

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:50 AM

I think the additional security and waiting period are excellent. Thanks for having our backs!
"Love, child! What else? You will find it and lose it again and again. But with each finding and each loss you will become more than before. What you make of it is yours to choose." - Jacqueline Carey

#18 OFFLINE   louisemarie;

louisemarie;

Bashful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Music:PMMP, Train, Paramore and lots of others. Feel free to ask.

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:36 AM

I think having a password on the NF is a great idea! I know some people just come on here to be sexual or to advertise things so I think it's great security :)

#19 OFFLINE   Pez.X.

Pez.X.

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Music:Reggae

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

Totally pro saftey.. and agree with you all on that one.. but what does the NF password actually do??? Im a bit of a novice at this.. Is it our details or something the moderators are only allowed to see?  :fool:

#20 OFFLINE   jac80

jac80

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Music:bon jovi, bowling for soup, kids in glass houses

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:12 AM

i agree 100% with the password and waiting time, i love this site as i know its somewhere that isnt filled with dirty old men trying to get off on what we write.  keep up the good work girls x
never regret the things you do.....only the things you dont do!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users