- - - - -

Poll: What Age Were You When You First Realized?

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll: What Age Were You When You First Realized? (417 member(s) have cast votes)

What age were you when you first realized you were attracted to women

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 OFFLINE   wanderlust_1982

wanderlust_1982

Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Local time: 10:03 PM
  • Skin: Pink Bits Two
  • Music:Most top 40, plus a lot of "indie" and like Beach House, St. Vincent, Arcade Fire, Radiohead, Justice, Skrillex, Crystal Castles, Bon Iver, etc...

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

This is just a change in format on Sapphirexice's post.  I wanted to see the stats.

#2 OFFLINE   randomlady123

randomlady123

ShyBi-Goddess

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,355 posts
  • Local time: 02:03 AM

Donator

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

Between 6 and 10 :)
~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~
It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." - Stephen Fry.

#3 OFFLINE   BiTriMama

BiTriMama

Ladylike as Fuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts
  • Local time: 07:03 PM
  • Favourite Film:Swingers, Sideways, Kissing Jessica Stein

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

I voted for 11-15, but I remember fooling around with a female friend when we were little kids.  But I don't think that was a sexual preference thing, really.

#4 OFFLINE   Clarabelle

Clarabelle

Surdo Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,725 posts
  • Local time: 03:03 AM
  • Music:Pink Floyd, ACDC, A7X, Alice in Chains, Anthrax
  • Signature Fragrance:Thierry Mugler's Alien

Donator

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

I think it was basically when I became sexually active. I started fantasising about women when I was 14-15.
Insert witty/pretentious quote or line here....... COCONUTS

#5 OFFLINE   emachine2300

emachine2300

ShyBi-Goddess

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • Local time: 07:03 PM

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

42 just find out couple month ago

#6 OFFLINE   Poemsinblueink

Poemsinblueink

Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Local time: 09:03 PM
  • Music:Everything from Mariah Carey to Linkin Park it just depends on my mood.
  • Signature Fragrance:Twilight Woods
  • Favourite Film:The Gift

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

I was seven or eight when I first kissed a girl , but I denied my attraction until I was thirty two.

#7 OFFLINE   HHHannah

HHHannah

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Skin: IP.Board

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

Aww - I was so old compared to most of you!

#8 OFFLINE   Tess155

Tess155

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Music:Varied taste in music
  • Signature Fragrance:CHANEL No5
  • Favourite Film:Fried Green Tomatoes

Donator

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

It was 6-10 for me, I was attracted to a girl who was a few years older and a family friend.  She was just gorgeous to me then.  I felt very ashamed of my feelings and hid from them for years.
It's never too late to become the person you wanted to be

#9 OFFLINE   Viola

Viola

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Music:LA radio at the moment!

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

Once I realised and accepted, I started to realise the feelings towards women had always been there.

#10 OFFLINE   matangi

matangi

Big Tease

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Local time: 08:03 PM

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

I was around 16-17. I had a friend at school I wasn't too close to, as she was a year ahead of me, but I could just always rely on her for some nice small talk when we were waiting for our parents after school. The two losers whose parents wouldn't buy them a car. So, she was more like a close acquaintance.

And then one night, after a school concert, she came up to me and hugged me and kissed my cheek to say goodbye, which was strangely intimate for our type of relationship, and when we pulled away there was undeniable tension between us. And it just hit me after that. A huge moment of clarity that didn't feel so much, "Oh my God!" as much as it felt, "Oh... okay, then."

And as I looked back, I realized that I had always been more attracted to women than usual. But, at that age, I believed it was because I admired their beauty and wanted to look like them, as opposed to be with them.

#11 OFFLINE   Shananigansxxx

Shananigansxxx

Not so shy

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
  • Local time: 12:03 PM

Donator

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

I was around 12 when my friend and I were going to 'muck' around. I really wanted to do it but was so afraid of someone finding out so I chickened out! As a teenager I always had thoughts of being with other girls, but I pushed it to the back of my mind as I was worried what my parents, friends etc would say if they found out. Coming from a country town was even more off putting as everyone knows everyone elses business. I have finally accepted it at the age of 30 and hope that I get to experience being with a woman soon!
Change your thoughts and you change your world - Norman Vincent Peale

#12 OFFLINE   Jules86

Jules86

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

My best friend just after high school wrote me a letter telling me she thought she was in love with me. She was lesbian, but at the time I didn't think I had feelings toward woman. I didn't have the same feelings toward her, and she seemed to respect that. One day, she introduced me to one of her friends and when my eyes met hers for the first time, I felt like a bomb exploded inside of my stomach and I seriously couldn't form a single word as I was trying to say "my name is..." She laughed said some sarcastic remark flipped her hair and walked away...I was fuckinggg hoooooked!!! We ended up hanging out, kissing but nothing more ever came of it. That was when I was 19, and now 27 and haven't met a single female that's ever sparked that kind of reaction out of me...oh once my he's friend found out we kissed, she ditched me :/ some bestie lol or maybe I deserved it I don't know but there was no denying the feelings I had!

#13 OFFLINE   Jules86

Jules86

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

Best* not he's -damn auto correct-

#14 OFFLINE   Incognito247

Incognito247

Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Local time: 04:03 AM
  • Favourite Film:Paris is Burning, Horror films, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

I remember being a 14 year-old teenage girl standing in the bathroom at home saying loudly to myself "im just gonna admit it to myself now, I AM BISEXUAL, YES I AM BISEXUAL!" But I cannot recall what brought me to this conclusion.. I was pretty experimental as a youngster so it might've been one of the many many experiences I had back then :P
Be proud of who you are..

#15 OFFLINE   Coolandromeda

Coolandromeda

Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

I put 21-25 because that's when I knew that I was attracted to guys as well :P

Until the age of 16, I was very umm...self-fulfilling :P. I was never attracted to anyone at all and didn't even feel any kind of void in my life for not being attracted to anyone. I even wondered at that age if I was just too arrogant for not deeming anyone worthy of me :D. Then slowly I started developing crushes on women but I didn't think too much of it. Then I had my first kiss (with a woman) at the age of 21. We were together for 2 years before breaking up amicably. That was the phase when I thought I might be gay. So I actively tried to go out with a guy to find out what my sexuality is. And that's how I met my current boyfriend. I remember the day when I felt this sexual tension between us for the first time. That was the day when I was absolutely sure that I am attracted to him and that I am bisexual :)

#16 OFFLINE   smiles38

smiles38

Big Tease

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:40 AM

I knew that I was attracted to girls but I didn't realize my friends didn't have the same feelings. We would look at photos of models and movie stars for hours. When I said I was crazy for Madonna it was in a whole different way then when they said it. The first time I kissed a girl, it just seemed so right and natural. Boys took a lot more effort and time to get use to. :-)

#17 OFFLINE   Metamorphasis11

Metamorphasis11

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:28 AM

Somewhere around 11 - 15 years old.  Some weird occurrences when I was younger but I honestly didn't really realize it until the age frame I posted.  I have always faught it, when I didn't and succumbed I felt mightily guilty where it ate me up inside.  Now I am exploring and embracing it in a way, with the help of DH.  Regardless, I still was always attracted to guys.  I just wasn't crazed like the average guy crazy girls and found I could effortlessly hang out with the guys like one of them.  I am feminine but not girly girly, I like bumming or slumming with my wardrobe from time to time too. LOL

#18 OFFLINE   malandi_perea

malandi_perea

Bashful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 10:03 AM

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

i voted for 0-5

since i was in kidergarten, i know that i am having a crush on a girl.

i have lots of pretty classmate girls during my kinder days.. ^_^

#19 OFFLINE   Amethyst753

Amethyst753

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Local time: 06:03 PM
  • Music:Gillian Welch
  • Signature Fragrance:White Jasmine
  • Favourite Film:Hunger Games

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

I put down 11 to 15.  I don't really think I thought much about it before that.  Around 11, I discovered "self pleasuring" and I remember that I fantasized about both boys and girls -- but probably more girls.  I had some experiences with a girl friend when I was 12 (almost 13).  I knew they were "naughty", but at the same time very exciting.  I also knew I didn't want my parents or anyone else to find out and, as far as I know, they didn't.

#20 OFFLINE   VickyMartini

VickyMartini

Big Tease

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Music:The Kills
  • Signature Fragrance:Curious by Britney Spears and vanilla
  • Favourite Film:Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

I voted 6-10.  I wasn't aware of such a thing as being bisexual, but I remember liking both boys and girls.  I was obsessed with breasts in that I wanted-no NEEDED- to touch them.  Also, at that age I was crushing really hard on sailor moon, sailor jupiter, and tuxedo mask lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users