- - - - -

Poll: What Age Were You When You First Realized?

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll: What Age Were You When You First Realized? (417 member(s) have cast votes)

What age were you when you first realized you were attracted to women

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 BambiSouth

BambiSouth

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Music:Elle Varner, Janet Jackson, Laura Mvula, Justin Timberlake, Fleetwood Mac, Coldplay, Icona Pop
  • Signature Fragrance:Gold by Guess
  • Favourite Film:No one favorite, but just watched The Incredible Lightness of Being and fell in love

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

Around 7, i had a girl friend who would play house with me. I guess the signs that I was bi were always there...but I just ignored them mostly until college. I had a friend that I would fool around with until my mid teens. We would act like we did it to just feel good and practice for the guys...but I now know we just really enjoyed each other. I really treasure all those hours we spent between each other's thighs...

Sad because the guilt of that relationship (our parents are close friends) eventually stopped that activity...perhaps if we were bolder teens we could have fought the odds. Oh well.

It took me a while to process my feelings. Glad I know what I am now.

#22 trpgal

trpgal

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Music:Rock, pop, raggae, R n B, Dance/Club classics
  • Favourite Film:Sliver

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

11-15 but only have admitted it since being an adult
No longer a bud, now a fully grown rose

#23 feifei

feifei

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:43 AM

11-15 becuase thats around the age i met my best friend and started crushing on her

#24 aeonpax

aeonpax

WindParadox

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Music:Avril Lavigne, Norah Jones, Natalie Merchant and Pink Floyd.
  • Signature Fragrance:Ozone
  • Favourite Film:Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

At 13 I was already a mom and the last thing I wanted to be around, was a guy. At 14 I met a female who changed the course of my life.

~~ Alis volat propriis ~~

#25 AshleyMay25

AshleyMay25

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Music:hip hop, pop, R&B
  • Favourite Film:fanacy mostly vampire movies and romatic comedies

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

I was 15...tried to come out to my family who freaked out....sat me down with the bible....scared me with it...so I hid those feelings married a mane who I get along with I love him but I don't think im in love......but hes not either.... decided to see what my feeligs are....and finding myself

#26 AshleyMay25

AshleyMay25

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Music:hip hop, pop, R&B
  • Favourite Film:fanacy mostly vampire movies and romatic comedies

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

oh and my hubby knows all this...im nothing but honest with him

#27 tatygirl90

tatygirl90

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Music:AlunaGeorge
  • Favourite Film:Revenge of the Sith

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

I think I was 14 or so? I had had experiences with girls but I didn't really think of myself as bi until later on. I used to go back and forth and like 2009 when I realized I wasn't changing.

#28 alicia77

alicia77

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Music:Lifehouse, John Mayer, Ke$ha,
  • Favourite Film:Paul - Aliens - Disney - Labyrinth - The Thing - Grosse Pointe Blank- Finding Nemo - Willow

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

I am 30 and I came to terms with my sexuality a month or so ago. I  guess I always knew because I have always enjoyed the female form and I did do a little "practice kissing" with female friends around the age of 14.

#29 MrsGrey

MrsGrey

Big Tease

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Music:I like a bit of everything ;-)
  • Signature Fragrance:So Kiss Me......
  • Favourite Film:Twilight Series.. I love too many to choose just one tho!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:17 PM

11-15 Just started high school and as you do play truth or dare and got dared to snog my best friend........ Obviously I liked it lol! That was the moment I put things together and realised I liked girls too. xx
I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him <3

#30 shywoman

shywoman

Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:31 PM

I've been thinking on this a lot since joining Shy's. My earliest memory of attraction to a woman was at age 8/9. I remember some 'role playing' with a female cousin when I was 7/8 at most. I thought I was a lesbian for a while in my teens but I was scared into supressing it, pursuing straight relationships. I didn't know that bisexuality existed and thought you had to be or the other so it confused me to fall for both. I only truly admitted to myself this year and have come out to a select few friends.

#31 Shortstack74

Shortstack74

Big Tease

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Music:Love all kinds except gospel, jazz, opera and blues
  • Signature Fragrance:Candy by Prada
  • Favourite Film:Titanic

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:59 AM

I was 38, I started experience my sexuality with my husband and realized, I think I like girls too, sometimes I wish it were sooner, but, It wasn't time !

#32 StephC

StephC

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Music:Paloma Faith, Eminem, Madonna
  • Signature Fragrance:Vera Wang Princess
  • Favourite Film:Every Baz Luhrmann film, Dirty Dancing, the Wedding Singer, LOTR, Reality Bites, Mean Girls

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:49 AM

I voted 6-10. I first kissed a girl friend of mine when I was 5. But I don't know why. I can't remember. I do remember wanting to have babies with Madonna when I was 7. She was just so hot. I've always had crushes on both girls and guys and thought it was normal until I was 11 and told my friends about it at a sleepover. They all said that they felt like that too sometimes and we all kissed each other. The next day they told everyone at school that I was a lesbian and tried to have sex with them. So I shut up and only talked about boys until I was 16 and fell crazy in love with a girl at my school. We went out for 9 months, which was hard going to a conservative country school. Since then I've been pretty comfortable calling myself bisexual. So the short answer to all of this is probably that I've always kind of known.

#33 Strawberryfire

Strawberryfire

Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Music:Dierks Bentley.
  • Signature Fragrance:Red door.
  • Favourite Film:See the answer for books

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:35 AM

I don't remember being aware, I just remember always being attracted to men and women.
Simply Sarah

#34 Dancing_Butterflies

Dancing_Butterflies

Big Tease

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Music:Classic Rock. Alternative/Grunge. Indie Rock. Dream Pop. Shoegazing. Chill Wave. Ambient. New Age.
  • Signature Fragrance:Victoria's Secret Bombshell Forever! <3
  • Favourite Film:Night Of The Living Dead. Heathers. Say Anything. Almost Famous. Brick. Silver Lining's Playbook.

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

I was quite young when I first realized it but I didn't know it at the time. However when I was eighteen years old I knew for sure that I was sexually attracted to woman. When I was young I always felt different from other people and I acted quite boyish when I was eight years old. Even remember flirting with my friend at one time but I didn't understand fully what was going on.

"I only ask to be free. The butterflies are free." ~Charles Dickens

Posted Image

#35 Onceuponatime

Onceuponatime

ShyBi-Goddess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:32 AM

33 when realised / admitted it. On reflection from that point I was attracted a lot earlier ( 16 I can definitively put an attraction at).

Hate doesn't do anything but beget more hate. It holds us back. We need to figure out constructive ways to move forward - being angry and upset at people doesn't do that. H.U.G.S Helping Us Grow Spiritually. Sometimes you have to step up so you don't fall back. It's about moving forward one step at a time.

#36 KeikoM

KeikoM

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Music:Classic rock, mellow, grunge
  • Signature Fragrance:Sweat
  • Favourite Film:Sound of Music

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:29 AM

14-15 years old.

#37 maricandion

maricandion

Bashful

• Silver Shy-Bi Girl
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Favourite Film:Am?lie, Notting Hill, Sleepless in Seattle, As Good As It Gets...

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

I remember this incidence that happened when I was around 15 years old I think. I was in a shop with a friend of mine, and there was a picture of Jennifer Aniston in a cover of a magazine. And I remember I wanted to say to my friend that "wow she is so lovely", but then all of a sudden realizing that "wait I can't say that to her", as it wasn't something you could say about another female, that they are "lovely".. So I think it was at that point that I realized that I was having "forbidden" feelings towards women. I did have some crushes on some of my female teachers at the age of 13 for the first time, and I remember writing about it in my diary, worrying about it, but at the same time explaining to myself that I was only seeing them as "idols", and it was nothing else.

Anyway, Jennifer Aniston still remains one of the hottest women alive in my opinion. ;)

#38 GirlScout

GirlScout

Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Music:BabesinToyland/Placebo/Lau/MassiveAttack/RHCP/BobDylan/LeTigre/AnaisMitchell/everything!
  • Favourite Film:The Big Lebowski / Gregory's Girl

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:07 AM

I think it wasn't until I was about 14-15 that I was really aware & admitting it. I had a male friend who was also bi and it was fun talking to him about which girls were cutest. Though in hindsight I'd had girl crushes that I didn't know were crushes from about 8 or so.

I have this really vivid memory of standing in front of my TV, at about eleven yrs old. Something like Ricky lake/Jeremy Kyle/jerry springer happened to be on, and the chat topic was people coming out. (maybe on air to their folks or something?) I think it was going pretty badly for some of them. And I remember (this is the vivid bit) telling myself that 'if I were a lesbian' I would just never, ever tell anyone. I had no conscious knowledge that this really meant anything to me personally, but I remember that I felt really crushingly sad. Sad about people being so horrible to each other, but possibly also a bit unconsciously sad that I couldn't admit that I wasn't "properly straight". :-/

Though, even after talking (seriously, rather than light heartedly /plutonicly) about girl crushes age 14-15, I still spent years 'forgetting' how not-straight I am. Punctuated by heart-in-mouth moments where crushes etc served as unexpected reminders...bit slow to catch on, I am.

#39 GirlScout

GirlScout

Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Music:BabesinToyland/Placebo/Lau/MassiveAttack/RHCP/BobDylan/LeTigre/AnaisMitchell/everything!
  • Favourite Film:The Big Lebowski / Gregory's Girl

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:09 AM

p.s. I *love* reading all your stories. :-) Thanks everyone. I can relate to loads of them - it's nice to not feel so unusual.

#40 sezz

sezz

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • Music:Stone Sour, Slipknot, Metallica, Rammstein, The Offspring, Green Day
  • Favourite Film:Nightmare Before Christmas

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:21 AM

I was about 23 when I admitted to myself I was Bi, but I guess I have always known

Posted Image

~*if we run, if we fall across the line it's too little too late to rewind*~

[/size]

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users