- - - - -

Poll: What Age Were You When You First Realized?

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll: What Age Were You When You First Realized? (417 member(s) have cast votes)

What age were you when you first realized you were attracted to women

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 OFFLINE   L_st

L_st

Getting Flirty

• Silver Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Local time: 02:34 PM
  • Music:The list is endless!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

I was about 17 when I realised however with hindsight, I was probably about 8 when I first felt attracted to girls.

#42 OFFLINE   GypsyButterfly

GypsyButterfly

Your Friend & Confidante

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,074 posts
  • Local time: 07:34 AM
  • Skin: Pink Bits Two
  • Music:Classical, big band, jazz, classic rock, gospel, Celtic, hip hop, show tunes, pop, alternative
  • Favourite Film:Hello, Dolly!

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:51 AM

I'm 45 & had my first crush on a girl when I was 12. At the time, I only knew there was gay & straight. The way I responded to her was the same as with guys I liked. Nervous, fluttery, giddy, etc. I understood I was interested in a girl, but, didn't know what the implications were.

Posted Image

#43 OFFLINE   SaraR13

SaraR13

Big Tease

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Local time: 03:34 PM

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

between 17-20

#44 OFFLINE   It'sjustme

It'sjustme

Wrapped Around Her Finger

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,493 posts
  • Music:Rock and pop old and new
  • Signature Fragrance:Chloe Chloe
  • Favourite Film:Four Weddings And A Funeral

Donator

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

15 but didn't act upon my feelings until years later.........
  One life, live it   

#45 OFFLINE   cutiepie801

cutiepie801

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Local time: 09:34 AM

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

I would have to say 16-20.  I guess maybe looking back it could have been sooner but I had no clue what those thoughts were.  It wasnt till I was a little older that I started to realized what they were.

#46 OFFLINE   Ang

Ang

Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

21-25 was when I absolutely knew but I had experiences earlier. Looking back I'd probably had crushes on other women before I was a teenager but just didn't realise what they were at the time.

#47 OFFLINE   Summers

Summers

Big Tease

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Music:To fully enjoy music you have to be open to a bit of everything x

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

I was about 11-12 when i knew but didn't know what it was called x coz your where either gay or stirght there was nothing in-between x
Have a little faith !

#48 OFFLINE   1229091710

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Local time: 09:34 AM

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:11 AM

I think i first realized when my mom asked me if I was "fruity like that" but i never really thought about it much before then, or after then, but it hit me hard once i was in my senior year or high school & the feeling has grown since then

#49 OFFLINE   Sulissa

Sulissa

Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Music:Pink, Lilly Allen,Amy Winehouse, Nirvana,The Beatles and Green Day.
  • Signature Fragrance:Ghost
  • Favourite Film:Pan's Labyrinth

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

About 13, I used to have crushes on both genders. In my teens I thought it was a phase and I would end up one way or another but by about 20 I knew I was definitely bi.

#50 OFFLINE   Catcher

Catcher

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Music:Absolutely anything!!!
  • Signature Fragrance:DKNY Woman
  • Favourite Film:Nanny Macphee

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

Late late late!!!! Only in the last couple of years.  Still have confused feelings and not acted on anything yet!

#51 OFFLINE   fleurs du coeur

fleurs du coeur

Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Music:Pink , Eminem..... And whatever else comes on KISS FM
  • Signature Fragrance:Lady Gaga - black perfume

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

I voted 16- 20.... Although I was first curious at 13 .... I've never really accepted it until recently......
What greater lies are there, than the lies you tell yourself........?

#52 OFFLINE   Bi_Natural

Bi_Natural

Bashful

• Silver Shy-Bi Girl
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Local time: 08:34 AM
  • Signature Fragrance:Chanel Chance
  • Favourite Film:Love & Basketball

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:57 AM

I was 20...in college.. my first full blown sexual experience was with my college roommate.  But the first time I knew I was attracted to women was when my OTHER college roommate basically attacked me in our dorm room (and instead of being disgusted by it....I realized I was VERY turned on...)

#53 OFFLINE   nerdyblondie

nerdyblondie

Big Tease

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Local time: 06:34 AM
  • Favourite Film:See favorite TV show and favorite book! ;)

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:06 AM

I think I've always been fascinated with boobs, like, from a pretty young age... but I think I realized I might be bi when I was in 8th grade. I had a crush on one of my girl friends... turns out she was lesbian but didn't tell me til we parted ways at the end of the year. :(

#54 OFFLINE   happycheeks

happycheeks

Getting Flirty

• Silver Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:34 AM

Around 16-20. I remember I couldn't stop thinking about a female teacher in my primary school then when I was in high school, I had a major crush on a girl. I remember her kissing me on the cheek and I wish I kissed her back. I don't want to be the woman I like. I just love her beauty and I have some feelings inside when I see them.  I remember I was around a teacher and I remember she came beside me and I loved that moment. She was so adorable.

#55 OFFLINE   sarahbeautiful911

sarahbeautiful911

Multi-Orgasmic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:08 AM

16 to 20

Start out in the big world, starting in the shop.  Seeing women all day eery day

Tryed to hide how i felt made me unhappy

#56 OFFLINE   leighia_t

leighia_t

Bashful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Music:Drake <3
  • Signature Fragrance:Adidas for her
  • Favourite Film:Shirley Temple movies

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:14 AM

I think I always just kind of knew, I remember telling my first real boyfriend when I was 14 that I liked girls too, and it wasn't just a "thing". I have always just felt that way.

#57 OFFLINE   azurwolf

azurwolf

Howling Wolfie

• Shybi Illuminati
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

I knew I was attracted to a friend at the age of 11/12 around the beginnings of puberty.  We used to play at sex together, which is just a game really, but i know i was also very very emotionally attached to her.  We never actually thought or talked in terms of attraction, and at school from age 8 or 9 onwards as usual all the kids wanted to play at girlfriend-boyfriend, but the game didn't interest me.  At secondary school I was aware that all my friends were into boys and I wasn't.  I wished i was, because then i could have been more "normal", but I really couldn't find myself attracted to any of the guys that they all swooned over.  At uni I fell for a girl, but although i felt drawn to her, fascinated by her, to the point of obsession, i don't think i actually thought of it in terms of being attracted to her.  I just wanted to be with her all the time, I had really strong feelings, but also really strong fears.  All my friends had boyfriends, and again i struggled to see the attraction in any of the guys.  The girl i was attracted to did make advances on me, in a very friendly way.  She could see how naive i was, I think, and how confused i was, but I was so scared, i literally ran... I really didn't understand the feelings i had, and they were so in contradiction to everything i had grown up to expect as "normal" that I was overwhelmed.  I made a really conscious effort to find a boyfriend, ended up with him for 18 years.  That's a different story.  During the time i was with him I was aware of attraction to one or two other women in my life.  I always kept it secret, hid it, always kept it as a friendship, scared of ever being found out.  Believing people would think me crazy for having attractions to women who were supposed to be my friends.  In all of this the men in my life just were there, nothing special, people i worked with or were friends with, but no strong feelings.  Finally in my late 30s i started to talk about this in therpay, as part of a bigger set of issues i was dealing with.  i think the last seven years of my life were very destabilising, and very crazy.  I went a bit off the rails, got into some crazy relationships, really pushed the boundaries.  Now i feel the ground beneath my feet, and the sun on my back, i feel stable again.  Being gay/bisexual really isn't a big deal for me.  It is a small part of my identity and of my life.
Look to this day: for it is life, the very life of life. In its brief course lie all the verities and realities of your existence. The bliss of growth,the glory of action,the splendour of achievement are but experiences of time. For yesterday is but a dream and tomorrow is only a vision; And today well-lived, makes yesterday a dream of happiness And every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this day; Such is the salutation to the ever-new day. Kadilasa

#58 OFFLINE   Secret_Twilight

Secret_Twilight

Bashful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Music:I don't even know anymore.
  • Signature Fragrance:Myself
  • Favourite Film:The Craft

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

I knew when I was 9 years old and watching Xena Warrior Princess whenever it was anywhere on TV :maninlove:

Since I came from such a sheltered family I didn't know what gay was until freshmen year in high school and by then I was too ignorant of the whole lifestyle to really act on it until the end of high school.

#59 OFFLINE   Pierette

Pierette

Magenta

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:54 AM

I was 13

#60 OFFLINE   Matty

Matty

Married to Phalen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,794 posts
  • Local time: 10:34 AM
  • Music:80's music/ACDC/Def leppard/Queen/Pink
  • Signature Fragrance:Red by Georgeo
  • Favourite Film:The Heat with Sandra Bulick

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

I was a late bloomer i figured it out at 31-35.
After being married to two men i finaly feel right being with my Phalen.
Idk why it took me so long to figure it out but it just did
I was always raised to love men, get married and have kids..
Never thought of being with a women at that time in my life.
Now i wouldnt change a thing i have been with her now for 7 years and going strong.
We met on shy's and the rest is history :)
Shy's typo queen and Mod Squid
Phalen & Matty

Aicordcng to a rseearch at Cabmridge Univeristy, it dseon't mtater in waht oedrr the leettrs in a wrod are. The olny imaortpnt tnihg is taht the fisrt and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit palce.

The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wihtout prbolem. Tihs is becuase the hamun mnid deos not raed eevry letetr by itslef, but the wrod as a wohle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users