* * * * * 4 votes

Transphobia On Shybi Is Not Acceptable. Please Read !

transphobia

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   DelicateAngel

DelicateAngel

The Fire Of Aaron

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Local time: 02:03 PM
  • Skin: IP.Board

Donator

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

View PostFreckle Faced Mamma, on 28 April 2014 - 10:13 PM, said:

Lilac, I can tell that you are a sweet sensitive soul.  

If this isn't the truth! She has a beautiful mind, too. :)

And Lilac, don't you be saying otherwise :heart:

Just wanted to say nice to meet you Freckle and welcome to Shys. :)

Edited by DelicateAngel, 29 April 2014 - 12:05 AM.

#42 OFFLINE   lilac_lover

lilac_lover

Butter wouldn't melt....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts
  • Local time: 10:03 PM
  • Skin: Pink Bits Two
  • Music:Emmylou Harris, Nanci Griffith, Dolly Parton, Pam Tillis, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard plus many more
  • Signature Fragrance:Red Dor
  • Favourite Film:Contact, PS I Love you and Pride & Prejudice

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:12 AM

View PostDelicateAngel, on 28 April 2014 - 11:59 PM, said:

If this isn't the truth! She has a beautiful mind, too. :)

And Lilac, don't you be saying otherwise :heart:

Just wanted to say nice to meet you Freckle and welcome to Shys. :)

Otherwise! :grin:

oops  :maninlove:

Edited by lilac_lover, 29 April 2014 - 12:12 AM.

#43 OFFLINE   DelicateAngel

DelicateAngel

The Fire Of Aaron

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Local time: 02:03 PM
  • Skin: IP.Board

Donator

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:47 AM

View Postlilac_lover, on 29 April 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

oops  :maninlove:

Lol, I forgot to mention...and a great sense of humor!!  :lol:

Edited by DelicateAngel, 29 April 2014 - 12:48 AM.

#44 OFFLINE   lilac_lover

lilac_lover

Butter wouldn't melt....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts
  • Music:Emmylou Harris, Nanci Griffith, Dolly Parton, Pam Tillis, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard plus many more

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:49 AM

View PostDelicateAngel, on 29 April 2014 - 12:47 AM, said:

Lol, I forgot to mention...and a great sense of humor!!  lol

one could say "brattish" instead of British lol

#45 OFFLINE   Gemma-1

Gemma-1

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Local time: 11:03 PM
  • Music:arctic monkeys
  • Favourite Film:A knights tale, shannyn sossamon is so hot in that film

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

Don't understand transphobia  on here we are all part of the LGBT community, when there so much hate
in the world towards the LGBT community we shouldn't have to suffer the same hatred from with in our own group,
and guys can look so much better when they dress as cute girls

#46 OFFLINE   lilac_lover

lilac_lover

Butter wouldn't melt....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:57 PM

View PostGemma-1, on 07 May 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

.... guys can look so much better when they dress as cute girls

:(

#47 OFFLINE   Tofi

Tofi

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

Anyone that's willing to put their head up above the parapet and stand up for what they believe in, should be saluted...not shot at!  Why someone would think they had the right to dictate how another person lives their life, when it in no way infringes upon their own is beyond me.  Being a woman isn't about what's between your legs....it's about what's in your heart and soul.

#48 OFFLINE   Eurynome

Eurynome

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Local time: 05:03 PM
  • Music:I love most all music but Jazz, I mean I like some of it but not much. lol
  • Signature Fragrance:Poison
  • Favourite Film:Independent, documentaries, ghost shows and dramas are my faves

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

As far as I know, a transgendered woman usually completely feels and believes that she is a woman inside. We should give her respect as she wants to be completely one of us women that she is willing to undergo surgeries and hormonal treatment just to be one of us. Maybe she deserves some respect if only for the fact that she is just trying to fit in as one of us.
Be the love that you want in the world

Ali

#49 OFFLINE   lilac_lover

lilac_lover

Butter wouldn't melt....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:11 AM

View Postalidoe39, on 28 June 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

As far as I know, a transgendered woman usually completely feels and believes that she is a woman inside. We should give her respect as she wants to be completely one of us women that she is willing to undergo surgeries and hormonal treatment just to be one of us. Maybe she deserves some respect if only for the fact that she is just trying to fit in as one of us.

She does not want to be one of you women... she IS one of you women!!!

#50 OFFLINE   goldengi

goldengi

Big Tease

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Local time: 06:03 PM
  • Signature Fragrance:Black Amethyst

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:03 PM

I want to add something, and sorry for my bad writing, but when I get emotional I have trouble expressing it in words- I had the wonderful experience of having a friend in high school with a trans "mom" [her parents divorced and her biological father transitioned when she was about ten years old, hence "mom" being in quotes] and a trans stepmom.  And yes, those were the people who the courts determined were best to have custody of her.  They volunteered to help with school band programs and the like and changed a lot of hearts and minds in suburban Mentor, Ohio.  The main point I want to say though, is that I've been a Girl Scout since I was five years old.  I earned the highest award they have and I have a lifetime membership.  They taught me that it's ok and even *good* for girls to learn about how things work under the hood of a car, take karate lessons, go camping, and do all sorts of wonderful things.  I almost exploded with pride when I heard that in Colorado they admitted a trans scout to a troop, and this is the Girl Scouts of America's official stance on trans scouts straight from their website:

Q: What is Girl Scouts' position on serving transgender youth?
A: Girl Scouts is proud to be the premiere leadership organization for girls in the country. Placement of transgender youth is handled on a case-by-case basis, with the welfare and best interests of the child and the members of the troop/group in question a top priority. That said, if the child is recognized by the family and school/community as a girl and lives culturally as a girl, then Girl Scouts is an organization that can serve her in a setting that is both emotionally and physically safe.  [emphasis mine]

Q: How does Girl Scouts' position on serving transgender youth apply to situations involving camping or volunteers?
A: These situations are rare and are considered individually with the best interests of all families in mind. Should any girl requiring special accommodations wish to camp, GSUSA recommends that the local council makes similar accommodation that schools across the country follow in regard to changing, sleeping arrangements, and other travel-related activities. With respect to volunteers, Girl Scouts welcomes both male and female adult volunteers and has developed appropriate safeguards regarding roles and responsibilities to ensure that girls receive the proper supervision and support.

Once we had a straight man help us as one of multiple adult volunteers on a camping trip.  He happened to be the person with the best knowledge of where we were going, and the Girl Scouts, being very practical, figured that a man who passed a background check and would be with straight women volunteers as well, would create much more help than harm in showing us how to navigate a woods that included a 150 ft. gorge, a swift and deep running creek, coyotes, and other possible dangers.  [This was when I was almost high school aged, they don't send little girls into those kinds of places =P].  If I were to volunteer to help with the Girl Scouts camping now that I'm out of the closet, I could guarantee that they'd look at my almost two decades of camping experience [and I'm only in my twenties!] and just ask that I bring my own tent (shrugs).  If a wholesome organization like the Girl Scouts can accept trans girls, then why can't we all?

#51 OFFLINE   lilac_lover

lilac_lover

Butter wouldn't melt....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

BUMP!!!!

I have bumped this today because of recent happenings concerning the young trans girl, Leelah Alcorn. Her tragically wasteful death highlights so much of what is wrong in society generally about being trans.

For sure, her death has also hightlighted how many good folks out there have stood up and been counted because of what happened to Leelah. Whilst a great deal of bullying and bigotry goes on on some social media, many social media sites have run pages about people discussing Leelah's tragic death. Her own wish, in her final words, was to  "Fix society. Please."

It has concentrated my own mind several times over New Year. I am going to write a song about Leelah's death and the waste of what could have been a beautiful life for her had those closer supported her. I have revisited several dark times in my own past and more recent. At one point I got extremely low here on Shybi but then they did a wonderful thing. It is that I wish to celebrate here because it is something la femme, her mods and all of you can truly celebrate

As far as I am aware this is the only general social media site - albeit one for sexuality - that has made a very broad and definite statement that TRANSPHOBIA ON SHYBI IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. They have have stood solidly up for this and, believe me, that statement stands for so much acceptance it really is something to celebrate. Because of such policies here women can get support unhindered by bigotry and bullying.

I wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who made this come about, and to la femme for having the sheer bravery to do what many other sites will not for fear of offending members. I am grateful and proud of you all who take this stand and tell you from my heart it really means a lot to help stop things happening like what happened to Leelah. And although we really rarely see "out" transwomen here on shybi, I am sure they are here and will appreciate it too.

Bless you all :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transphobia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users