Janey

Bashful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Local time: 03:19 AM
  • Skin: Pink Bits Two

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:25 PM

This has probably been posted about before...please let me know and I'll delete if so!

It seems like it's easier for hetero flirting because it's generally more "accepted" or obvious, but how can you tell if a girl is bi? Or is into you?
It's frustrating when the orientation field on myspace/facebook profiles is left blank! hahaha!
I would like to know how to find out without asking outright or being too forward, or making advances and coming on too strong and making them uncomfortable... and I don't want to embarrass myself either, of course!  :hiya:
I was once had a crush on this girl but she moved away and I think I missed my chance! I don't want that to happen again!

#2 OFFLINE   singlenlovinit

singlenlovinit

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Local time: 02:19 AM

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:56 PM

View PostJaney, on Oct 24 2008, 05:25 PM, said:

This has probably been posted about before...please let me know and I'll delete if so!

It seems like it's easier for hetero flirting because it's generally more "accepted" or obvious, but how can you tell if a girl is bi? Or is into you?
It's frustrating when the orientation field on myspace/facebook profiles is left blank! hahaha!
I would like to know how to find out without asking outright or being too forward, or making advances and coming on too strong and making them uncomfortable... and I don't want to embarrass myself either, of course!  :D
I was once had a crush on this girl but she moved away and I think I missed my chance! I don't want that to happen again!

I don't know Janey, but if you ever find out would you let me know? LOL

In all seriousness though, try bringing up someone in conversation who is bisexual like Angelina Jolie or Lindsay Lohan.  I think that would probably be a safe way to get a read on another girl feelings without the risk of embarassing yourself.  

Now, as far as if another girl is genuinely into you?  I wish I knew   :hiya:

#3 OFFLINE   Cheza

Cheza

Big Tease

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Local time: 11:19 PM

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:20 PM

I seriously cannot tell. :/
Guys seem more easier for me to tell.
am a servent of Odin the All-Father of Valhalla.
I am she who leads the chosen souls to Valhalla.
I am she who governs the fate of the Sacred War.
I am the valkyrie Cheza, chooser of the slain.
The battle to determine the fate of Valhalla is about to begin....

#4 OFFLINE   Shiksa

Shiksa

Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:41 PM

IRL, who knows.  In the MMOPRG I play, it is easy and fun to flirt with the ladies and see what they do, however there is about a 50-50 chance that that "girl" is really a guy playing a girl toon. LOL

I have found this is a fairly fun way to play around with the topic.

#5 OFFLINE   jardylian

jardylian

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Music:a mix of everything..ACDC, Eminem, CCR, Nickelback, Maroon 5, Tragically Hip, The Beatles, Tim McGraw, Martina McBride, GNR, Aerosmith, Bryan Adams..just to name a few

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:07 AM

Beats me!

In my opinion, it is hard to tell when  a woman is bi.
A lot of women tend to be flirty with each other and mght even make a pass or two, but it is all in fun(ha ha..so they say!).
Even bringing up the topic might not be helpful because some are embarassed and will not admit it to themselves, let alone someone else.

I guess the only true way to tell ~is~ to make a few plays for someone and see how they react. If they recoil..then you will most likely know.

Also, I am thinking you should watch the body language of someone that is playing around with you. In my experience when someone has done that to me, they are all laughs and joking around, as opposed to a little more serious.

Edited by jardylian, 25 October 2008 - 01:09 AM.

I miss you, body and soul so strong that it takes my breath away
And I breathe you into my heart and pray for the strength to stand today
I love you, whether itís wrong or right
And though I canít be with you tonight
know my heart is by your side

Infatuation is weakened by time and separation, where real love is strengthened by this

#6 OFFLINE   Cheza

Cheza

Big Tease

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:59 AM

View Postpipelle, on Oct 24 2008, 03:41 PM, said:

IRL, who knows.  In the MMOPRG I play, it is easy and fun to flirt with the ladies and see what they do, however there is about a 50-50 chance that that "girl" is really a guy playing a girl toon. LOL

I have found this is a fairly fun way to play around with the topic.
Lol. Thats how it was for the rpg i used to play. Or boys seem to play the female characters.
am a servent of Odin the All-Father of Valhalla.
I am she who leads the chosen souls to Valhalla.
I am she who governs the fate of the Sacred War.
I am the valkyrie Cheza, chooser of the slain.
The battle to determine the fate of Valhalla is about to begin....

#7 OFFLINE   bittycustard

bittycustard

Getting Flirty

• Silver Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Music:Anything upbeat/rock!

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:54 AM

What a question! I just happen to be one of those girls who is very...what's the word...shy about being bi.  :wub:  I think blonde was on to something though, try just bringing up bisexuality or homosexuality into the conversation and see how she reacts.
Some of us shy girls like a little bit of aggressiveness though, and if she's a stranger, the worst that'll happen is...you'll never have to see her again!

~*Damaged people are dangerous...they know they can survive anything.*~
~*I'm not gay. But my girlfriend is!*~

#8 Guest_sachiel_*

Guest_sachiel_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:35 AM

There should be a manual for this! lol.
I really have no idea when it comes to shy bi girls. But I guess you can tell if you start a conversation about it. I personally get too quiet on those topics, just drop a word here or there that implies that I don't disapprove, but I'm really too shy to admit anything :wub:

#9 OFFLINE   calicokitty

calicokitty

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:11 AM

From what I've experienced... there are two reactions that are similar so you have to pay attention. Girls who are totally straight will likely laugh and joke about being with a woman or will flirt in a joking, kidding way and girls who are into it tend to flirt in a more serious way. The differences in the two types of flirting are slight, but you can definitely tell. It's all in the energy of it- if you are really clicking with a girl and making a real connection, you can feel it... if not and she's totally just messing around, there's no spark.

However, there are the bi girls who dont know they are bi who give off the connection vibe without meaning to. They are attracted to you, but wont admit it to themselves, let alone you- but who knows, with girls like that, you could be the one to pull her out of the closet. So, its a win-win situation... that is, unless she's hell bent on staying in the closet.

You just have to feel a girl out and pay close attention to how she reacts and react to her accordingly and just see where it goes and try to be confident in yourself. I know, easier said than done, right? lol

Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   kyra

kyra

Quasselstrippe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,851 posts
  • Local time: 07:19 AM
  • Favourite Film:But I am a cheerleader

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:42 AM

You could ask her. Worked for me in the past.

#11 OFFLINE   azurwolf

azurwolf

Howling Wolfie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,909 posts
  • Local time: 09:19 AM

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:50 AM

calico and kyra, excellent combo, good advice
Look to this day: for it is life, the very life of life. In its brief course lie all the verities and realities of your existence. The bliss of growth,the glory of action,the splendour of achievement are but experiences of time. For yesterday is but a dream and tomorrow is only a vision; And today well-lived, makes yesterday a dream of happiness And every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this day; Such is the salutation to the ever-new day. Kadilasa

#12 OFFLINE   Orchid

Orchid

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:03 AM

Totally agree with Calico and Kyra. I think asking is the best way to find out, whether I could actually do it is another question!

:evilgrin:
Coops. x

Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   Feilena

Feilena

Big Tease

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:55 PM

I don't think its possible to tell if a girl is bi or not. They never give off any hints to me. :(
I'll write your name across this wall with the blood that spills out of my heart....
But this time I realize I don't mean anything at all to you, and never really did.

#14 OFFLINE   dixie

dixie

Well hello there!

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Music:60's - New Country - Soft Rock and 80's - motown
  • Signature Fragrance:kuros
  • Favourite Film:Beetlejuice

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:32 PM

All the other ladies give great advice but if you're a bit too shy to ask you could always check out her body language. Like does she touch you a lot when she talks to you? lean in more than she has to? Or look at your lips a lot more than your eyes is sometimes a bit of a give away.  That's just what i've noticed as i have some family members who are bi and gay and they are outrageous flirts so i just watch and learn. :(

'You spin me right round baby, right round..when you go down, when you go down, down'

#15 OFFLINE   hothrdrsr

hothrdrsr

French Kisser

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:41 AM

I've always wanted to know the answer to this question!
If only i had the balls to be forward, maybe i'd be able to get myself a hottie.  :wink!:

♥ Laughter... ♥
When a smile has an orgasm.

#16 OFFLINE   Michelle

Michelle

Big Tease

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:34 PM

edit

Edited by Michelle, 29 December 2008 - 10:55 PM.

#17 OFFLINE   Bandida

Bandida

Big Tease

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Music:Pink Floyed

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:50 AM

Well comeing from a shy bi myself when I give off signals that I'm bi I useually tend to stare at her a lot and try to talk a little but choose my words carefully. When given a comment I blush a lot  :)  and will most likely say something back to you. Comming from another end of sides persay.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image <---Clicky to make my dragons grow!

#18 OFFLINE   Girly Girl

Girly Girl

Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Music:A little bit of everything from classic rock, 80's rock, to current hip-hop

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:08 AM

OK, here's one for those who said to ask...  what words would you use?  I mean, how do you work that into the conversation in a non-creepy way?
YOU'RE confused, I'm bisexual.

#19 OFFLINE   kyra

kyra

Quasselstrippe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,851 posts
  • Favourite Film:But I am a cheerleader

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:05 AM

If you don't know her well and have no idea what she thinks about homo- or bisexuality, why not talk about something like the l-word or a les movie first and if the reaction is okay proceed to something like "Have you ever had a crush on a girl?"

#20 OFFLINE   Orion

Orion

Getting Flirty

• Silver Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Local time: 08:19 AM
  • Music:everything and anything depending on my mood

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:22 PM

I'm with Michelle. On myspace, I have left my orientation blank because whilst I haven't got to the point where I can say 'I am bi', I also feel like a bit of a fraud calling myself straight. Also, only you lovely ladies actually know of this demon which haunts me. On facebook, there is no 'bi' option, so that is also left blank. Personally, I would be suspicious about anyone who has left their sexuality a blank, I can't see any other reason why it wouldn't be on there.

As for knowing whether a girl is bi, to be honest I think Calico and Kyra are right. The best thing to do is ask. If you haven't known them long, and they're offended, you haven't lost anything, if they are friends, you're getting to know them (ask it when theres a deep personal discussion going on perhaps) and hopefully they'll forgive you. On the more positive side, they might be as into you as you are into them. It's risky really, but the best thing to do is try and work out whether it's worth that risk or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users