#1 OFFLINE   Morgana142

Morgana142

*The Defiant*

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,958 posts
  • Local time: 10:53 PM
  • Skin: Pink Bits Two
  • Music:Jazz for the heart and Garage for the feet.
  • Signature Fragrance:Tiffany.
  • Favourite Film:High Society and The Hours

Donator

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:12 AM

Well I have been looking in this UK pub section and it seems people want to know places to go alone and not feel awkward, so here are a few suggestions:

Go to the smaller bars in London and always take a book - I find that people are a curious breed and someone will ask you what you are reading.

Small pubs -
The Rake in Covent Garden.
The French House - Soho.
The Campari Bar @The Polpo - Soho.

Also visit the Galleries:
The National Gallery - Trafalgar Square.
The Tate - Pimlico.
The Tate Modern - City.

At galleries many people tend to go on their own and many galleries have bars, so go in order a drink and who knows who you could meet.

It is also an idea to go to a cinema as many people go their alone too, many these days have bars so it would be the great place to hang out and perhaps discuss the movie you have just seen with someone else who happens to be alone.

I know all the above is alcohol based but at bars/cinemas/galleries as you know tea and coffee is also served.
:)

Edited by Morgana142, 13 September 2012 - 07:15 AM.

Some of the greater things in life are unseen that is why you close your eyes when you kiss or dream.

#2 OFFLINE   lovali

lovali

ShyBi-Goddess

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts
  • Local time: 11:53 PM

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

One of my favourite things to do, when I lived in London, was to get out on a summer day, just me & a good book & go sit in either one of the many parks (hyde, regents, clapham) or those georgeous little spaces in the middle of the squares that have the benches. I usually found tht someone would wander over & make conversation.
There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about - Oscar Wilde

#3 OFFLINE   Applesauce

Applesauce

Big Tease

• GoldenShyBiGirls
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Music:Pretty much everything. Particularly: Beatles, Elvis Costello, XTC, Blur, Crowded House.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:21 PM

I'm always happiest on the Southbank. I love to wander along the Thames, pop into the Tate, see what's happening in the RFH. Can spend a happy afternoon just mooching around.

#4 OFFLINE   fizzyfizz

fizzyfizz

Bashful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

nobody just wants to chill in the park? they're in every area of london and can be really fun or relaxing even if you're on your own, especially if you don't want/can't go to pubs or galleries and stuff.

#5 OFFLINE   Viola

Viola

Multi-Orgasmic

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Music:LA radio at the moment!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

I went to London Friend and found it really welcoming and it was just what I needed in terms of talking to someone and meet ladies in safe environment.  

The website Gingerbeer was recommended.

#6 OFFLINE   lozstar

lozstar

CatLover

• Platinum Shy-Bi Girl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Signature Fragrance:Armani Code

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

View PostApplesauce, on 13 September 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

I'm always happiest on the Southbank. I love to wander along the Thames, pop into the Tate, see what's happening in the RFH. Can spend a happy afternoon just mooching around.

Me too Apple! I liked the national theatre there, only been the once but it was such a nice change and not too expensive either.

View PostViola, on 28 October 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

I went to London Friend and found it really welcoming and it was just what I needed in terms of talking to someone and meet ladies in safe environment.  

The website Gingerbeer was recommended.

Thanks for the website Viola :-) I've heard of London Friend but not had the courage to go. I found it a lot less intimidating to go on a shys meet instead as I had the chance to talk to at least a couple of women on here before meeting up which helped break the ice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users